12-08-2011 05:31 PM
So WHY can't we just force the update? As an early adopter I've been waiting for this proverbial unicorn of an update for what seems like forever... and I'm inherently a very impatient person (I'm sitting here pressing "check for update" over and over and getting more and more grumpy with each press).
For heavens sakes, it's not like you have to pay postage on this thing. Let's make this update a lot less "First Class M
ail" and more "Right Now" :-(
Good God man...relax! It'll come when it comes. Impatient much?
12-08-2011 05:43 PM - edited 12-08-2011 05:44 PM
5:00pm west coast. Got my update and installed it. Love the google music app, fire place and was able to stream mkv movie without an issue from my pc. So far so good, very impressive indeed.
Only thing was I only saw some of the movie that I shared instead of all, I will work on that.
12-08-2011 05:54 PM
Regarding the Netflix thing....
I'd given up, just completely backed out of it and was staring at the Settings/About screen, when my Netflix page magically appeared behind it. Weird. It (the new Netflix layout) looks kind of odd to me...I guess I'll get used to it.
Oh - for the curious: I'm in the Chicago area - I think the update arrived sometime around 2 or 3 CST.
12-08-2011 05:56 PM
Can anyone comment on whether or not Dolby Digital 2.0 or 5.1 can be passed through via HDMI with this update or is this a hardware limitation?
Would like to cut down on the cable clutter a bit if possible.
12-08-2011 07:13 PM
I received the update this afternoon -- but an hour ago tried to access the Netflix app. Is that an option for the Revue/Google TV? If so, how do I/we do it? Is there another fix?
Try these steps.
If you're still having problems at this point there are four different measures in resolving the problem.
- Try starting the video through the web browser. This will confirm that you have Netflix access to the catalog. Initiating a streaming video through the browser will prompt a choice to launch it through the application. If it plays through the Netflix app then it was just a minor cookie glitch. If not then...
- Clearing the application cache. It is located in GTV settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Netflix > Clear Cache. There are two listing and you have to do it to both of them. Now reboot the Revue by pressing [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del] to reboot it and then try streaming again. If that works then it was a corrupted cache, If not then...
- Deactivate the Netflix. Open the Netflix application then press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up
Up, and Up then you'll now see the account information page click "Deactivate". Now reboot the Revue by pressing [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del] to reboot it and try it again. If that works then it was conflicting login information usually caused by Netflix updating their security mechanism. If not then...
- Call Netflix 1 (888) 811-1933 either the problem is not related or more complicated and requires their technical support to check your account or their available services.
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
12-08-2011 09:08 PM
yes finally! Have to test it out. Glad there's more support for the media player. I was hoping for support for .rmvb aswell! perhaps Some media player app might solve the issue?
12-08-2011 09:14 PM
Sorry, still not possible with this release - need a SDPIF to receiver if you want to avoid PCM (multichannel).
BTW - DD+ does get decoded so you can get surround sound Netflix unlike v1.
12-08-2011 11:08 PM
Plex. Plex. Plex. Plex is the only reason I purchased this device a couple weeks ago. Evidently my unit is not ready for the new Honeycomb update so I want to know a question. Can this device handle a 45Gb mkv movie ripped from blu-ray. I'm sure it can handle your standard 1.5Gb divx movie but I have over 400 movies that are pure blu ray rips.
12-08-2011 11:46 PM
I purchased my Revue in USA, but I live in Israel. Will I get an update to 3.1 or I have to wait until hackers will make it available to me as they done with leaked beta version (I did not install it and preferred to wait for OTA update)? Of course i know about limitations (services that are not available outside of USA), but I still should like to use it with the updated version.