07-05-2012 11:35 PM
The shockwave flash plugin crash has been frustrating! Google TV must find a quick fix. It's so sad that it crashes even while watching YouTube.!
07-24-2012 11:05 AM - edited 07-24-2012 11:29 AM
SHOCKWAVE FIX (thank you truindependent!)
1) Launch Google Chrome.
2) Press the "Menu" button on the Revue Keyboard. (This is the button located on the bottom of the revue keyboard and has 4 white lines.).
3) Select "Settings".
4) Select "Advanced Settings".
5) Select "Under the Hood".
6) Select "Adobe Flash Player storage settings..."
7) Under "Settings Manager" select "Website Storage Settings panel".
8) On the "Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager" on the right Select "Delete all sites" then select "Confirm" when prompted.
9) Under "Settings Manager" select "Global Storage Settings panel".
10) On the "Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager" on the right drag the slider to 10MB.( I dragged it to unlimited)
11) Ensure both "Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer." & "Store common Flash components to reduce download times." are selected.
12) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time on the keyboard to reset the Revue.
13) Once the Revue boots test websites that were giving the Flash errors.
THIS ACTUALLY WORKS!
Logitech - shame on you for not at least supporting the forum and helping fix known issues with confirmed fixes! There is simply no excuse for not doing the "right thing" - you do so much more harm to your reputation when you take an attitude - expecially after putting the screws to your loyal customers, who paid thei hard earned money and trusted in you - shame, shame and TRIPLE shame. How do you sleep at night? Honestly...
07-24-2012 02:15 PM
I am glad it is working for you Tarheelinva. Hopefully you will not have to keep repeating the "fix" to have functionality from the revue
10-15-2012 05:50 PM
Trying to watch a video on a friends facebook. It tells me I need to update adobe flash. I click the button and the adobe website is invoked but says I already have flash player installed. I'll try other videos.
12-01-2012 03:01 PM
We disconnected our Revue because we thought we were having trouble with our ISP and have recently reconnected it. Sirius and Pandora both have issues. Sirius needs a Flash update that appear to be blocked by both Google and Adobe. Pandora takes forever to start up and then leaves long gaps between songs.
12-27-2012 01:07 AM
www.battlecam.com says need flash updated then gives message "flash is already included with chrome browser" can't access media.
01-09-2013 10:20 PM
i have also received the message to get a new version of flash player when trying to open most videos on facebook. this seems to have increased since the update. it does make it hard to keep up with what others are sharing when you can not watch the video they have sent.
01-09-2013 10:24 PM
i have also noticed this happening with netflix since the upgrade. it will sometimes shift to lower bandwith to keep playing. i checked the speed on my reveu and it comes up around 16 to 18mbps. i used to have 12mbps and never had this problem.