Logi Visitor
gmd024

Revue file support - USB connected drive

I see here...http://revue.logitech.com/MartiniWeb/digitalhome/answers?a_id=425  the Revue supports a fair amount of popular files/containers that a lot of HD/1080p content is played back as - MKVs being my favorite to use for HD content

I guess I assumed that since the Revue supported these formats/containers that it would also support most any sized USB connected HDD either directly connected to the Revue or accessable over a local network via shared files/folders stored on HDDs connected to the network

Is it true that the Revue will only support a 40Gb USB drive - that's hard to believe given the fact that some single HD/1080p rips are around that size (40Gbs) - it seems very odd to even support USB drives if the Revue only supports a 40Gb size 

Can someone confirm this - and please explain the logic here if it is true

Thanks

Logi Browser
kobi07

Re: Revue file support - USB connected drive

Hey,

The Revue actually supports USB drives upto 895GB in size, but is limited to FAT, FAT16, and FAT32 Filesystems because of a limitation in the Android Platform. See the following FAQ Regarding the USB Drive Support. http://revue.logitech.com/MartiniWeb/digitalhome/answers?a_id=505

Hope that Helps.

Logi Visitor
chrismarois

How does it support 800+ GB but only Fat32?  You cant even have a partition that is Fat 32 over like 40 GB?  Does it have to be Flash, or can it connect to an external Harddrive?

Logi Nu
Enico

Good evening guys,

There is something else I would like to know about the Google TV. Could it stream your files directly from your computer like Boxee does?

Logi Master II
RZ

Directly - no. With a DLNA server installed in the computer - maybe, some of them. Very few, to be honest, but yes, it can!

towboy123
Topics: 124
Kudos: 506
Solutions: 152

Also to update this thread a little bit
The Revue now supports Hard Drives up 2TB
FAT
FAT 32
NTFS

On Mac I have found Null River's Media Link quite reliable
I'm not sure what is working well on PCs but I think twonky is what people are using with succes
___________________________________________________________________________________
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer/Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<.
Your Friendly Dish Network Technician
My views don't represent Dish Networks views I am just here to help
___________________________________________________________________________________
Harmony Link, Logitech Revue, Sanyo DP-55441 HDTV, Dish Network Hopper and 3 Joeys,
Sony STR-DA3400ES, Sony BDP-S350 BluRay, Squeezebox Classic, Sony DVP CX875P, Sony iPod dock, Sony PS2, XBOX, Wii. Whats not being controlled by Harmony is a Phast-8 Amp and a Panamax Power Conditioner
Logi Nu
koolgk

The new version supports 1TB WD external drive. I have connected one yesterday and it is working fine.