Logi Apprentice
stestardi
Accepted Solution

Switching Inputs from Logitech Keyboard Controller

Per Getting to know my Logitech Keyboard Controller, pressing fn+ the Input keys on the Logitech Keyboard Controller is supposed to switch inputs on my TV and AVR.  However, pressing those keys only selects the input the Revue is attached to.  Has anyone gotten these keys to switch inputs as Logitech says they should?

Steve

Logi Apprentice
galfert

Re: Switching Inputs from Logitech Keyboard Controller

[ Edited ]

Your Revue is working as it was designed.  You are misunderstanding the Input switching capability of the Revue.   It does only switch to the input your Revue is connected to.

You could custom program a letter key on the Revue to switch to a different input if you learn the IR code for it.  But although you could do this realize that the Revue was not designed to be a universal remote control.  So switching inputs to some other device seems a bit pointless if you can't control what you are switching to.....now of course you can start custom programing even more keys to do things on that other device but it really will not be pretty to be remembering what letters do what on that other device.   What I'm getting at is that this is not the Revue's intended purpose.   The Revue was desigend to switch to the correct inputs in order to use Google TV and it was designed to control your TV source and Audio for the purpose of watching TV and using Google TV.   If you want to switch inputs to watch your Blu-ray player or something else then grab your universal remote to do this.   So say you do watch a Blu-ray and you were using your universal remote to do this and you powered everything off....and then you decided you wanted to watch tv or use Google tv then you grab the Revue keyboard and when you power up one thing it always does is switch inputs for you no matter where you left it.   This is the part of the Revue that Logitech says is using Harmony smarts.  So the Revue has got some Harmony DNA but it isn't a replacement for a Harmony Remote.

stestardi

Re: Switching Inputs from Logitech Keyboard Controller

Thanks, galfert.  But it does seem like a waste of three buttons on the controller -- why not just have one button that turns everything on and switches to the correct inputs (like the 'Watch Google TV' activity on the iPhone Harmony app)?  Regardless, glad to know mine is working as designed -- thanks!