Logi Nu
Daymon74

Vid to Skype Calls

Why on God's green earth Logitech didn't just leave the voip software up to the people who know voip is beyond me! I could have sworn the Revue had Skype, but it turns out it does not. Is there any way to make a Skype call from Vid HD, or the other way around? Does Logitech plan to enable Vid to Skype calls in the future?

Logitech, I love most of your stuff, and have a ton of it around my house, but for pete sake, just stick to the freaking hardware before you piss the rest of your customers of, OK?

Logi Guru
Eferzz

Re: Vid to Skype Calls

Daymon74 wrote:

Why on God's green earth Logitech didn't just leave the voip software up to the people who know voip is beyond me! I could have sworn the Revue had Skype, but it turns out it does not.

Logitech, I love most of your stuff, and have a ton of it around my house, but for pete sake, just stick to the freaking hardware before you piss the rest of your customers of, OK?

It is hilarious when people make ridiculous declarations just because a particular situation doesn't meet their assumptions.  Look.  Logitech has been making webcams and related software long before 2005 when Skype came out.  And actually, most people don't remeber that the Logitech ViD platform existed long before the Logitech Revue.  Here's a link to the internet way back machine for Aprtil 10th, 2010 of the Logitech ViD website (http://web.archive.org/web/20100412023043/http://www.logitech.com/en-us/349/5787) to prove it.

Besides, the Logitech's video conferencing platform on the Revue has been available since it was released back in October 2010.  If Skype wanted to develop software for this platform, there's no reason why they couldn't have approached Logitech at any time during the this past year.  Even though the Android Market was not available till recently, this would not have prevented Logitech from bundling their software in an update as part of the value addition, 

Daymon74 wrote:

Is there any way to make a Skype call from Vid HD, or the other way around? Does Logitech plan to enable Vid to Skype calls in the future?

Nope.  Logitech will not talk about an future features or updates, so that might as well be a, "no", until they announce otherwise.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.