06-06-2012 08:10 PM
A few quick questions as I choose a secuity camera for our summer home
1) Most logitech systems out there are 750i however the website list a 750n. What is the difference?
2) I understand a PC is needed for the initial setup, however can the PC be turned off or removed and still have the cameral plugged into the router and remotely viewed on an iphone or online from another location?
3) What are you getting for the $80/ year service? Do I need to pay this if I am simply looking to have a text messages sent to my phone when camera movement is detected and then view and hear camera information from a remote location? I do not necessarily need pan or view recorded information, but simply see whats going on at that time.
Any informatino would be greatly appreciated.
06-07-2012 05:03 AM
1) The "n" is the updated indoor camera model...night vision was added.
2) Once setup is done from the PC, you don't need it if you don't want clips copied to disk...web/mobile access the camera directly via Logitech servers.
3) The premium subscription allows viewing recordings and allows some settings changes...as well as a longer timeout for live viewing. The free web/mobile access is pretty much live viewing. The alerts work either way...though the premium service would allow you to make changes to some of those things remotely.