Logi Nu
seanwtf

5.1 Surround sound problem and not working

Um I just got a brand new set of Logitech X-530 70 watts RMS 5.1 Black Speaker System from newegg. Um i am running vista ultimate and i am trying to get 5.1 surround sound working. I have the newest sound card drivers installed for my asus m2nsli deluxe board am2 and when i configure them it shows that the front left and right are not the front and left in right on my desk in 5.1 surround sound. When i check 7.1 the front left and right speakers are playing for the side speakers. I dont know what the problem is it might be vista being bad or its just something wrong with the speakers them selves.

Cheers
Sean
Logi Master
REDNOSEPITBULL

Re: 5.1 Surround sound problem and not working

Have you made sure you updated vista there seems to be a lot of people with the exact same problem who are runing on vista.
Logi Guru
kay188

It's mostly a conntction problem.

I'm running vista and i'm good.

Either that or non proper drivres.
Google is your friend. GOOGLE IT.
Logi Nu
seanwtf

well i am sure i did everything right i am getting a new sound card which would yall prefor for it i am sure it something with my case and probley vista. i have the newest sound drivers isntalled i just dont know what the problem is with it.
Logi Guru
kay188

I would say connections and settings is yor best bet
Logi Nu
seanwtf

well connections are perfect everything is plugged in i sure it vista. There sound drivers from asus just arnt doing any good do yall see if there are any fixes at all out there or links
Logi Guru
kay188

check the creative forums.
Logi Nu
seanwtf

Well do all the 3 connections half to be plugged in at once or does only 1 because right now i have 3 connections that i can put in and i dont know if i only need 1 or all 3 plugged in if i pluig in the green one i get 2.1 so i dont know what is going on
Logi Guru
kay188

All 3 need to be plugged in as 5.1 is carried through those 3 cables.

2 channels per cable.