Logi Nu
TahuBird

Bluetooth Wireless Speaker Adapter and Windows 7

I am having trouble connecting my Windows 7 PC to my Bluetooth Wireless Speaker Adapter.  I can connect to the device but Windows wants a driver before it will let the device do anything... It appears I need a driver, which logitech kindly does not provide.  From what I have read on the product, it should be compatible with my computer, but so far i have had nothing but failure.  The adapter will not indicate that its even connected to my computer.  Help would be greatly appreciated.  I am using a Dell Wireless 335 Module with Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Technology, if that helps anyone.

Logi Nu
gjpwiz

Re: Bluetooth Wireless Speaker Adapter and Windows 7

i had the same issue with my dell laptop.. however searching around i found that the bluetooth driver that was installed does not support a2dp to stream music.. Manually installing the latest bluetooth driver for the wireless module ( my laptop has a 375 Bluetooth module) resolved the issue. It will NOT update the driver if you just click on "update driver" from the device manager.. i found the latest driver in the below link:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=08W&l=en&s=bsdv&releaseid=R285455&Sy...

Logi Nu
LordSky

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue. I added the driver above and the adaptered connected with the laptop, however there are no "services" provided by the adapter

Bluetooth Service

I have the same Bluetooth module on my Dell E5420 running Win7 x64

Btw, latest drivers

Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth Module
Release Date:5/13/2011
Version:6.3.0.7900, A05(MUP)
Link:Download
Logi Nu
accentchick

I am trying to connect my hp laptop running win 7 to my wireless speaker adapter with my z906's.  My laptop sees the device and installs it.  It shows that the available services for the device are audio sink but for some reason it wont play sound from laptop over logitech speakers. Any suggestions?

Logi Nu
TahuBird

thank you for all the help!  as it turned out i did not have the right driver installed.  i got everything working fine.  in response to accentchick:  set the device as the default speaker.  just type in "sound card" in your start menu search bar and hit enter.  this will bring up a little box.  click the tab maked "playback" (if its not already on it) and click on the bluetooth headphones.  set that as default playback device, and it should work then.  

Logi Nu
bandit77

i have same problem can you help me?

Logi Nu
AnotherName

Solutions described were not suitable for my system as I have an even older Dell wireless Bluetooth module (365). Wasn't able to find a proper driver and instead I bought for a few bucks a Sitecom USB Bluetooth module; sticks out just a few centimeters. It works fine now.

Logi Nu
AnotherName

[ Edited ]

Bandit77; you say you have the same problem. That's not enough information. What laptop/pc you have, what Bluetooth module and what OS?

Logi Nu
2sthguys

At the end of the day, it isnt meant to be this hard to conect the item. I have returned mine to the retailer. Very poor service Logitech and worth a look at the legality of the packaging and the website due to false claims.

Logi Nu
swhl28

BLUETOOTH WIRELESS SPEAKERS OR HEADPHONES(THE DEVICE) - STREAM MUSIC FROM PC (THE SOURCE)

To stream HiDef music from PC to a Blutooth(BT) device – e.g. wireless headphones or BT wireless speakers - using BlueTooth adaptor you’ll need a A2DP driver, which Windows Xp, Vista and 7 don’t supply. You’ll have to obtain the driver from a “Widecomm driver” from Broadcom to work. Some people have been able to download it from it’s website and get it to work but I couldn’t on my Lenovo laptop with Win7. So I bought a IOGear GPU421 from The Source Canada for C$25.00 which comes with a driver CD for XP, Vista & 7. It’s been working fine. You may find it cheaper elsewhere.

Note: On my Toshiba laptop I don’t need to intsall the said driver because apparently Toshiba laptops come with A2DP drivers embedded. So soon as you plug in the adaptor the correct driver is installed automatically, and you just need to pair it with the speakers which will then work fine.

(A)   BlueTooth adaptor (if your computer is equipped with A2DP driver for BT such as in Toshiba)

1)       Plug in the adaptor. Windows will start the installation process. When successful, a BT icon will appear in the Notification Area (bottom right corner of the screen). Jump to area (C).

(B)    Install Driver (if your computer is NOT equipped with A2DP driver for BT)

1)       Don’t put in the adaptor yet. Put in the CD from the IOGear GPU421. I’m not sure but I think the CD will detect the O.S. of your PC and autorun will choose the right setup.exe to install. Otherwise open the CD. There are 2 setup.exe files – one for Vista & 7 and one for others(xp).  just click on the appropriate setup.exe for your OS. Follow the installation instructions. At one point it’ll ask to plug in the adaptor. Do so and installation will complete.

2)       Re-start the computer.

(C)    Pairing

1)       First set your device(speakers or headphones) to “Discovery mode” (follow your user manula’s instructions)

2)       Right-click on the BT icon, choose ‘Add a Device’. It will search for the device you want to pair.

3)       Once found, select it, then click “next” to pair.

4)       Once it’s successfully paired, close the windows. Right-click on the BT icon, select ‘Show Bluetooth Devices’ and you should see the device. Try to stream some music to see if it’s working. If yes, then you’re lucky, it’s done. Otherwise try the following steps.

5)       In some cases although they have been “paired” they still need to be “connected”.

-  For Win7: Start – Control Panel – Hardware & Sound  –View Devices & Printers. Under ‘Stereo Headset Operations’ click ’Connect’

Try to stream some music to see if it’s working. If yes, then you’re lucky, it’s done. Otherwise try the following steps.

(D)    Default Speaker Selection

1)       In the Notification Area (bottom right corner of the screen) right-click on the ‘Speaker’ icon that looks likea speaker with sound waves.

2)       Click on ‘Playback Device’

3)       Select the desired device – i.e. Bluetooth Speakers. You may want to set it as ‘Default’

4)       Click OK.

Now you should be able to play music from your PC to the wireless haedphones or speakers.

Note: If you want to stream music from different computers(or other sources like iPhone) you’ll have to first REMOVE the device from  ‘Show Bluetooth Device”, Then ‘ADD’ the device on the other computer.