Logi Nu
Pyromaniac

Can't setup X-530 properly

I have a speedlink stage 5.1 PCI sound card with up to date drivers, and i just bought the logitech X-530 surround sound system. I have all the cables connected ok, but when i configure the speakers in Win7 (64-bit) to 5.1, the test just plays all of the chimes through the left, right and bass. Nothing comes out of the centre or rear speakers. Can anyone help with this?

Logi Journeyman
Hammey

Re: Can't setup X-530 properly

Hi make sure you do not have the matrix on as it will only simulate 5.1. The contol dock has to be set to 6 ch direct also.

Logi Nu
Pyromaniac

These are the X-530's

There is no control for either of those things, i believe only the X-540 has matrix.

Logi Journeyman
Hammey

Hi sorry i missed the x530 . Does your sound card have any software it uses to change to 5.1. I have no experience with that brand of card sry.

Logi Nu
technetconnects

My x-530 worked just by pluging them into my old computer.that computer stoped working so i put them on this one its 3 mos newer and all that works are the 2 side front.what i dont understand is when i do a sound test they all work but not when i play something say off youtube anyone know how i can fix this?thanks

Logi Nu
Pyromaniac

Don't think there is any software involved, nothing like the realtek audio manager, and not much support (at least i managed to download a decent driver). The card is very cheap, i only got it to fix a problem i no longer have. I can run 5.1 fine on my onboard realtek sound, it just seemed a shame not to use the card.

Technetconnects, youtube will only play through the 2 front speakers because it only supports 2.1. You need to enable speaker fill in your sound settings to get sound through all of them. The same will be true for mp3 music.

Logi Visitor
wishheart22

have u configured the 5.1 speaker on windows sound settings? : )

:'p
Logi Nu
Pyromaniac

yup, i set it to 5.1 and it shows all 6 speakers in the little animation, but when i click them to test the sound only comes out of the front left or right or both, even if it is supposed to be coming out of the rear or centre.