Logi Nu
hollerme

Connecting the x-530 to the PS3 or TV - any difference?

I apologise for how silly this question may sound but I am curious about the answer so felt compelled to ask after being unable to find the answer.

I bought the x-530 speakers recently for use on my TV - I am aware that it cannot output true 5.1 surround sound as they were meant for PCs but they are fantastic and a huge step-up from my previous speakers after connecting them to my TV (using the videogame adapter and a 3.5mm-to-RCA cable as it was connected to the headphone jack) - dialogue is crisp, I feel surrounded by the events of whatever I am watching, and the subwoofer is phenomenal.

However I am also aware that one can connect it to a PS3 using RCA cables (I think twin cables although am not certain) and was wondering if the audio quality would be better using that method (and then switching the PS3 audio settings to multi-out) or would there be no difference at all.

Thank you in advance.

Logi Browser
AlexKen

Re: Connecting the x-530 to the PS3 or TV - any difference?

Logi Nu
hollerme

I appreciate the response but I know how to connect it to a TV or PS3 - the latter is in the manual, the former I explained before. My question was whether there was a difference in quality; i.e. is it better audio-wise to connect to a PS3 or is there no difference between connecting to a PS3 or a TV?

Logi Nu
ScottBull

It depends on what the output of the TV is; if the show supports surround-sound, then you'll get it.

In theory you could hook an old MegaDrive up to the system using an RCA cable; but it's not gonna' give you surround-sound when playing a game; you'll still only get stereo at best.

I could dream forever, and never stop. I could think of life and beauty, the stars that fade in the skies. The hearts of lovers, the dreams of dreamers.