Logi Nu
zzoom

I have the Z5000 logitech speakers and own a mac and ther...

I have the Z5000 logitech speakers and own a mac and there is no connection for the speakers. Is there an adapter or something that I could buy seperate for this to work. I have the 20" flat screen mac with everything built into the screen. Please anyone let me know if there is a remedy for this.
Logi Visitor
Alyssa

Re: I have the Z5000 logitech speakers and own a mac and ther...

What you can do for now is take a 1/8" (3.5mm) from teh headphone jack of the iMac to the Line In on the control pod, thats below the headphone jack on the control pod and it will be set to 6 channel direct. not optical/digital per se; you may want to look into a Digital-Analog converter aswell. im not exactly sure what the "Digital/Optical" input on the back of the iMac is required, but at one point a applecare told me id need a mini-toslink adapter to use the digital but im not 100% sure if thats accurate. but you can try. you can try purcahsing an optical toslink cable and get a mini-toslink adapter or there might be a regular Toslink to mini-toslink cable you can get. monoprice.com and amazon.com have great deals on toslink adapters or if you wanna pick them up locally try a good electronic store in teh gaming section theyhave cheap cables there that do the job. ill keep checking, let me know if you find any better info.