Logi Nu
jgonwheels

Logitech S120

Hello, 

My speakers don't work on this computer but they work on my dad's. Got them from Walmart about 2 years ago, they stopped working about a month or so ago maybe 2. They are plugged in the right jack, I do have RealTek Audio output and the device is "working fine". Can somebody please help?  

Thanks, 

Greg 

Logi Nu
Leese1c

Re: Logitech S120

Hi so strange I came across your post only a day after you posted. We got the same speakers at Walmart over this past summer. THey always worked great until last week my step dad had to reinstall windows onto my comp because of the tons of viruses it had. Since then they wont work either. I have NO IDEA which sound device it runs  off as there are like 7 in my device manager list.I thought these speakers were great. And now I have no sound at all... If you find answers let me know and I will do the same...

good luck Lisa

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
dhelpard1

Hello jgonwheels,

Since the speakers work fine on a different source (your dads computer) it seems that your computer or sound card is at fault.  If you are running a version of the Widows operating system, please ensure that your mixer volumes are all turned up and un muted.  You may also want to ensure that the "RealTek Audio Output" is set as your default playback device.  You can do this by accessing the control panel.

Windows Vista or Windows 7

Click the start button, then click Control Panel, then click hardware and sound, then click Manage Audio Devices.  Once you are there click on the playback tab.  If the RealTek Audio Output does not have a green check mark, click on it, then click on set default.

Windows XP

Click on the start button, then click on control panel, click on switch to classic view, click on sounds and audio devices.  Once you are there, click on the audio tab and make sure your realtek audio output is selected as your default output device.

I hope this helps you out.

Sincerely,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
dhelpard1

Hello Leese1c,

Since you have just reinstalled windows on your computer, you want to ensure you have the correct sound card drivers installed.  Once your sound card drivers are installed your speakers should work.  If your sound card drivers are installed and your speakers are still not working, please test your speakers on a different source such as an MP3 player.  If the problem persists, I would recommend contacting customer care in your region for further assistance and a possible warranty replacement.

I hope this helps you out.

Sincerely,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.