Logi Nu
LinuxNerd4000

Logitech X-530 Cable Length

I have been reading a lot about the Logitech X-530 speaker system. I have also heard from many people that the cables are quite short. When they say "short." How short is that? Are they usable? My room is fairly small, and I don't need them stretching that far, but how short are they? Any specific lengths? Thanks!
Logi Browser
bobgb4

Re: Logitech X-530 Cable Length

Ok, I just bought a Logitech X 530 system. I too, was a little concerned about the reviews that told of the short wire lengths. But I decided to get one anyway, having a small room to install them in...

Here are the estimated (almost exact) lengths for the speakers that I measured:

Center speaker = 7.25'
Front L speakers = 5.5'
Back L/R speakers = 14.5'

Now the subwoofer and the Front R speaker connect together via a serial cable (6'). Then the Front R has 3 wires (Front, Rear, Base) that you plug into your computer's sound card (5.5'). The four other speakers connect into the subwoofer by RCA audio cable.

Here is a diagram I drew up in mspaint: Diagram for Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System

I guess if you have to, get some string and measure out the distances that you will need in your room.

As for extending the cables, you will need to buy an RCA coupler and cables. The shorter the added cables are, the less audio quality loss when added. Here are some links:
Logitech Support
Radioshack RCA Coupler
Radioshack RCA 3' Cable
Logi Nu
LinuxNerd4000

Wow! Thanks man! That is awesome. Well, it looks as if the cables are about long enough. I think I'll give it a go! Thanks!
Logi Browser
bobgb4

No problem, speakers sound GREAT btw!
Logi Guru
wrthompson88

I think extending them obviously will work, but i think it may cause the signal quality to slightly degrade, proberbly not noticable anyway, but were the extension connects i am guessing there could be extra resistance. Logitech proberbly made the wires that long because if they made them any longer the signal might degrade.
PC Specs: C2D E6600 2.4 @ 3.4, HD2900XT 850/1050, 2GB Crucial Ballistix 667Mhz @ 850Mhz, Asus P5N-E SLi, Corsair HX520W, WDC 320GB, WindowsXP/Vista Ultimate.
Logi Nu
uramug1234

Is the diagram showing that the cable going from the system to the computer is a single 3.5mm coming from the system to 3 3.5mm plugs going into the computer (rear, sub, stereo)?  So a simple 3.5mm extender cable would be all that is needed to extend the length from system to computer?