Logi Nu
triley

Logitech X 540 Wiring

Does anyone have any deatails on the cable lengths on a logitech x 540 and possibly even a wiring diagram. Thanks.
Logi Browser
bobgb4

Re: Logitech X 540 Wiring

Hi.

I have the Logitech X-530 Speakers, which are pretty much the same as the X-540. Here's a link to a diagram I made a while ago showing the lengths of the cords. I'm pretty sure both sets will have the same lengths of wires.

Here is a diagram I drew up in mspaint: Diagram for Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System
Logi Nu
triley

Thank you, but, i think the only difference is the wires all go striaght to the sub with the x 540 and not via the right speaker. I think this becuase ive seen a pic of the back of a 540 sub and all ports are there.
Logi Nu
talwood

I am purchasing an X530, color cables are black, green, orange, i don't have orange or black on the back of my tower, is there anyway to get this done without buying a new computer?
Logi Nu
Imhotep

You could get a new sound card, no need to replace the tower.  Most onboard sound cards are 5.1 compatable.  Each of the 3.5 male jacks on the x-540 stand for a pair of speakers.  Green-front pair, Black-rear pair, Orange-center/subwoffer pair.  See if you can match the3.5 male pairs with the 3.5 female ports on your tower combination (this may require the owners manuel).  Or use matrix mode.