Logi Nu
dannyroids

Logitech X-540 and Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Compatibility

Was just wondering if anyone else on here has the above set up of the x-540 and the creative sound blaster x-fi 5.1 external sound card setup.

At the moment i have a dell xps m1330 with standard 2 channel sound. im looking for a external 5.1 sound card and was wondering if the logitech system would hook up to this card without any problems? i know that the green black and orange cables need to hook up to the card but i cant see where the green cable would go on the creative sound card.

Logi Nu
dannyroids

Re: Logitech X-540 and Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Compatibility

Anyone out there know? really could do with the help on this :smileyhappy:

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Hi,

Please provide a link to the manual that shows the outputs of the sound card or a jpg of the outputs of the sound card.

We cannot intuit the layout.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
3dfxguy

If you take a look at this @Newegg , you will see the connections. If I am allowed to add images, here goes nothing. I would appreciate hearing back about this, I have the X540 speakers and would like to pick up the SB external sound card if they will play well together.

Thanks!

cables.jpegone side.jpg

Logi Nu
Shockmonk3y

Greetings!

Othes can check my data, but I think you will find a solution with an RCA to 1/8" male adapter (cable, or a nifty little box) that will connect the Left and Right (White and Red RCA jacks) to the Green X540 input.