Logi Nu
kai82

Logitech Z-506 subwoofer rattle

Hi. The subwoofer of my sound system rattles. I hear it (annoying rattling noise) when I'm listening some music (film ) with deep/power  bass. Settings of the system: bass - 12 o'clock, main volume - medium (if higher then more  loud rattle), Windows volume - 25%.  Even if I turn down the bass control to 9 o'clock  but turn up volume...here will be a rattle.  I saw a lot videos on Youtube where the sub of z-506 is playing loud and without any rattling noise.

Any help or advice?

Logi Nu
Shantanu

Re: Logitech Z-506 subwoofer rattle

I am going through the same issue with my Z506. I've bought them just 2 days back and since then i've tried all different sound settings. I have two sound cards, one is onboarded HD sound card with a 7.1 output support and another a Creative sound blaster 24 bit Live! PCI card.

when connected to the onboard HD card, I get a lot of statis sound from all speakers but when connected to the Creative sound blaster, the statis is not there but the Rattling noise from the exhaust tube of the subwoofer is present.

any help or advice would be highly appreciated.

Logi Nu
kai82

[ Edited ]

I think that we have some type of  defective goods. Even in  negative reviews of this system I didn't see same problem as we have. Only in Google I found forum where people have same problem (forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1868739) but without solution...

Logi Nu
Shantanu

[ Edited ]

In my case I ve now notices something strange. the place where the power cable is coming out from the subwoofer, there is some air leakage at the time of playing something. that leakge air produceses that rattling round. I covered the junction with a small towel to supress the leakage and the sub starts sounding absolutely perfect without any rattling sound.

This is a manifacturing defect in the casing of the sub.

I guess the only way is to get it replaced. Let me know if there is any other solution to it.

I am surpriced why no one from the logitech tech support is responding to this...

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
dhelpard1

Hello kai82 and Shantanu,

In both of your cases, the rattle seems to be the result of a malfunctioning speaker.  I would suggest you contact customer care for your region further assistance and a possible warranty replacement.  The Z506 speakers do come with a two year warranty.

I hope this helps you out.

Sincerely,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.

Logi Nu
kai82

Today I received another brand new set. And there are still a rattle on deep/power bass music. And ,yes, it seems to be an air leakage from the place where power cable out. I think that this is the main problem why we are hearing that annoying rattling noise. Maybe earlier quality of  the system was better than now. On the other hand the system isn't too expensive so we have to accept this flaw... And now Logitech give us a  chance to DIY if you want to hear better sound ...:robotsurprised:

Logi Nu
Shantanu

[ Edited ]

What process did you go through for getting your speakers replaced? and in how much time was the replacement done?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
CarterW

Hi Shantanu,

The warranty process may vary in different regions, if you contact customer care for your region, they can assist you with that.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.