Logi Browser
bollemanneke

Logitech Z506 - speakers buzz and rear channels don't work

Hello.

I've bought these speakerrs a week ago, and I've got two serious problems.

I connected these speakers using my three stereo ports on my computer, connecting them was no problem. But whenever you turn the speakers on, they start making a weird soft buzzing noise. When the music plays hard, you don't hear it, but whenever a movie has a soft scene, I can hear the buzzing really clear. Can I solve this?

Second, the rear speakers play way too soft: they don't even play half of the rear channels, you only hear buzzing and a soft sound coming out of them when you are really close to the speakers, ut most of the time I don't hear them at all, even if I play 5.1 surround movies.

Can I solve these problems or do I have to buy another set of speakers? If so,  which ones would be good? Do you think Logitech will give me my money back? I'm really not  satisfied about these speakers.

Logi Browser
sumith

Re: Logitech Z506 - speakers buzz and rear channels don't work

wat u said is right the speakers have a small buzzing sound when u r really close..But it is not annoying..I can hear it only when i am so close to it (when i take the speakers to my ear)

About sound in rear speakers I am also concerned..It sounds pretty low..But I think its usual..The only thing to do is to enable room correction...in audio manager..

Logitech is not going to replace for ur problem..I got this as a replacement for my X 540..

Logi Nu
tekneianm

I'm having the same issue, i had the x-540 and they agreed to replace them with the z506. I got them a week later and had this buzzing sound, almost like the faint sound of wind. I sent those back and they sent me another system, still the z506 and it's doing the samething. Not happy at all, I've tried nearly everything I could come up with and a few things I've read online.

Logi Nu
mikexima

im on my 3rd set of z506 and the first two had a buzzing sound AND a slight cracking sound when PC was off. i returned both within a week. I tried what logitech told me and used a seperate power outlet jack on the wall and placed the sub away from everything else. the buzzing is almost all gone.

I also had trouble for a while getting the middle and rears to work, they would buzz and work at 1/3 of the power of the fronts. I even tried them with 3 of the latest sound cards. Finally i was able to get them to work by downloading the full software from the sound card manufacturer (creative audigy SE). I went into the software options and chose 5.1 and then EAX settings and within the options i enabled  "stereo surround". the later made all the speakers work. no real issues now. hope this helps.

Logi Nu
gcam66

did you check to see that the positive and negative wires are connected properly?:robottongue:

Logi Nu
RALLLY

[ Edited ]

just get my logitech z506,i don`t know how to resolve this.... = /  i mean **bleep**??????????????

can listen music only on 2 speakers and only on 30% of its power, , if i want to incrase volume i get very disgusting continued sound ....

BASS , more of the same more bass more  usless noise from this  useless boxes=) , no bass no volume , no 5.1

i mean **bleep** you sell to me?

Logi Nu
Shashi Singh

hi

i hv d Same problem my rear speaker dose not sound loud

did u get d solution if yes then plz rply me

Logi Nu
ptrively

I just moved my power cord from the strip to the wall and it did wonders.  I am thinking that a line conditioning power strip might be in order.

Logi Nu
HonkeyTonk

Yes I had the same problem with a slight buzzing even when not connected to the source. Tried directly plugging in to the wall plug but no luck. Also tried relocating the bass but no luck.

Solution - I noticed that the slight buzzing noise is noticeable at lower volumes on the speaker control unit. So now I have this control set up maximum and the buzzing is no longer there! This is actually a better setup as you can control the source volume using a remote or your PC controls.

Finally a fantastic set of speakers for the money!

Logi Nu
PoisonWolf

This -might- be a ground loop problem. What has worked for me in the past with previous speakers is to get a decent power strip and make sure EVERYTHING within the vicinity of the speakers and computer are powered to the SAME power strip (i.e., monitor, PC, printer, speakers, modem, etc). This powerstrip is then connected to the wall socket with NOTHING ELSE in the 2nd slot of the wall socket.

Then, make sure there is some distance between this powerstrip and the subwoofer.

See if that helps.

Of course, this solution assumes you don't keep things like a hair-dryer, a toaster oven, etc and stuff next to your computer. Powering all of those things on the same wall socket will almost certainly blow a fuse. =D