Logi Nu
Siddharth

Logitech Z623 Problems

I bought a Logitech Z263 a day ago, and I am encountering multiple problems with it, or maybe not(maybe its just intuition).

The problems are:

1. When turning the volume knob quickly, the speaker creates a crackling sound(really, a loud crackling.....).Is it just my piece or it is a common 'problem' with everyone(any of the z623 owners, please help, also the official logitech support). Even if it is turned a bit slowly, there is a little crackling.
  2. The satellites just give up when volume goes above 50%, sometimes even on 40%~, I noticed it when I was listening to Fallout[Linkin Park/Thousand Suns], and they just gave up on even low volumes. Its happening with most of the songs which some good mids and highs.
  3. Right satellite, crackles more then the left one.

I don't know if it happens with me only, or is it a common problem, but whenever I listen to the songs from earphone or headphone via the inbuilt output jack on speaker, the songs sound just fine, no crackling whatsoever. And my past experience with Logitech is not so good, especially with the warranty. My previous speakers(Z4) went for repairing, and were back with more troubles, something consumer never expects. And my G510 keyboard is still in the service centre, because they can't understand the problem apparently(even if it is clear and showed to them).

I wonder if the THX branding was just for subwoofer, because the satellites have disappointed me badly or maybe its just the sets of speakers I have received, and the logitech costumer service prevents me for taking the speakers to them, because for their ears, everything is fine unless it stops working.

I use Asus Xonar D2 as my sound card. SNR is 118, and its working fine, and I have tested the speakers with my cell[Nokia X6] and Cowon D3 as external sources, and the onboard Realtek ALC889 sound err....card ?or codec as they say.

Also, if it is a generic problem with speaker system, is it eligible for a refund or so(in India that is), because Z263 is not a basic 2.1 set I guess, and should sound good not if great, but let alone 'good' here, its totally a waste of money(if this is a common problem).

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
ebona

Re: Logitech Z623 Problems

Hi Siddharth,

This is definitely not a common problem with the Z623, and it sounds like you have received a defective set of speakers.

You should contact customer support in your region.

Regards, 

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Siddharth

Thanks Ebona,

I have heard that some other people are too having problem with the loud crackling sound while turning the volume knob with a fast pace. Is it a batch defect or something sort of like that ?

Logi Nu
Agoyokoi

i'm having the same problem with the volume knob. mine is even worse with the power button problem. it goes on and off with just the slightest touch... it seems like a common problem with z623. good speaker but defective...

Logi Nu
Siddharth

Yup Agpyokoi, they are good, but for me, they are good until you take the volume knob till it reaches 40%~50%.

My question now is that if Logitech supports refunding the money if product delivers unsatisfactory results[region:India], or is it something that depends on the dealer ?

My speakers are less than 30 days old from date of purchase and are with receipt of purchase.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
ebona

You'll have to contact your local support about that. 

Regards, 

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Xecu7oR

Hi

I bought a Logitech Z623 system. When i got them i opened them and set them up. Played flawlessly, Looove the bass!!!! then had to pack up to get home. Once there i set them up in my room, and baaamm.... no sound. I was bummed. they just just worked. all im getting is like a loud pop sound. nothing else. tried my mobile phone, my laptop. my pc, nothing. then i tried headphones and got a slight sound of the music i was playing. What can i do to sort this problem???

Logi Nu
VIpen

Re: Logitech Z623 Problems THX giving certification on a SUB STANDARD Speaker

[ Edited ]

I have also purchased the product Logitec Z623 and running them on my creative soundcard XFI titanium, The speakers are rattelling at 50 % volume. This should not be the case when the SPeakers are given THX certification. My dealer replaced me the speakers set and still the problem previals with another one too. Looking at this forum i can understand that logitech is unable to match upto THX standards, and aslo how can THX give its certification to a speaker system of this flaw?

Well i would like to ask whats the solution for this matter? Logitech should answer to these querys asap.

Thanks

Regards

Vipen {Personal content removed for your safety}

Logi Browser
abisks

Hi Sid,

1.Your first question is product specific, I have 2 of these and don't have such problem, what I think is the noise, when dirt gets accumulated at the volume knob, happens with mine, sometimes untill cleaned. By the way try one thing, and it won't void the warranty as well, take some petrol (about a teaspoon) and pour it on the volume knob and rotate it all the way up and down and let it evaporate ( caution :THE SPEAKERS SOULD BE TURNED OFF and  cool, that is not used a few hours back, this is a desi jugad, which works with all such things, be it your music system, where I tried it for the first time way back or these speakers.) Other method is to use a vaccum cleaner to blow/clean the volume knob, while rotating it as mentioned above. Easiest way is to use a deo spray, which has features of both petrol for dirt cleaning and blowing the dust. If that doesn't solve the problem instantly, the noise you are listening to is the "crack/pop" sound made by the class D amp used in these speakers, can happen at times.

2.Yes the satellites are weak at mid bass frequencies, unfortunately, which souldn't have been the case, but otherwise they're great. Have great dynamics under 50% volume, but above that, they distort. After 70%, the subwoofer will also give up, if the music/sound has deep 30-40 Hz frequncies. (Try playing Rain over me, Marc Antony ft Pitbul at full sub volume to understand what I meant to say). To enjoy your system to the most, i.e without damaging it physically as I did, tune down the mid-bass range, though the sound will not be natural and good, but the speakers won't be torn apart (Of one my systems,the right satellite gave up after 1 year and  8 months and the rubber surround is detached from the speaker cone at a point, still it sounds great for rest of the sounds.)

Logi Nu
Eman101

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I've got serious issues with these speakers, mostly the subwoofer, the first set, within 2 weeks there was this horrible smell eminating from the subwoofer and it failed, the replacements they sent me failed again, this time a month into ownership. They're selling a 30 dollar set of speakers for 130. Good thing is that the customer service is cool and gives you a prepaid label and as soon as they get it, they ship a new set back, bad thing is the set will only last about a month, maybe I've been really unlucky and just gotten the bad eggs, but somehow I doubt it...