Logi Nu
RazerWolf

Subwoofer not working with Z5500

I bought this a couple of days ago and I'm pretty sure the subwoofer is broken. While the system as a whole works, and music sounds otherwise fine on it, I'm not feeling anything from the subwoofer unit. No sound, no vibration, nothing. Changing the subwoofer level on the control pod makes no difference either. I'm using it with a SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer in Entertainment mode on Windows Vista, and previously had a working sub sound on a Creative Inspire 6700. Is there anything I could be missing which is causing this, or is it just dysfunctional hardware?
Logi Guru
Patboy

Re: Subwoofer not working with Z5500

Hi, I would exchange it with the retailer.
PC Specs: C2Q Q6600 @2.4Ghz, 3gb DDR2 memory, ATI Radeon HD2600PRO, Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, Logitech Z-5500, Logitech Z-5300e, Logitech Z-2300e Logitech EX110, Logitech Quick Cam Chat, Logitech diNovo for keyboard, Logitech VX Revolution, Samsung SyncMaster 203B, LG 206WTQ
Logi Nu
SIMUL8D

I am having the same issue. The fue was dead so I'm changing that. I tried the amp with a variety of sound sources - it's not the X-Fi  - seems to be the same on all of them. I get a very faint level from the SUB, a lot of hum and yet the Sats and Controller work fine. If the fuses don't fix it I'll send it back. Guessing changing the fuse doesn't void the warranty? :-(

Good Luck

BTW, 4A 250V Slow Burn Fuse is the go if your's has gone too...
Logi Nu
ahardin

Sup dude.
So i had the same exact problem you are having. I was listening to music at <%80 and after about 1.5 hrs my sub just stopped working but the speakers were still working. I contacted logitech support and they said i had blown my sub and that i cant RMA it becuase for some stupid reason 80% voids the warrantY???... (SOOO **bleep**). but i took it apart today because my warranty is already void and found that the voice coil was completely separated from the head and it was somewhat melted.. .  . . COMPLETELYfried and gone. I'm just going to drop a (MUCH higher quality) 10" in the box. I'd contact logitech and see what they say. Good luck
If you want some pics email me
Logi Nu
gcam66

guys if the tec support said that there are no differences in using a control pannel from 2005 or one from 2010 then ther are no differences in the control pods,  the speakers will work on any for of amp, the control pod and amp will only work with each other? if is not working buy a new one from logitch for 1/2 price and there its fixed?

guys if the tec support said that there are no differences in using a control pannel from 2005 or one from 2010 then ther are no differences in the control pods,  the speakers will work on any for of amp, the control pod and amp will only work with each other? if is not working buy a new one from logitch for 1/2 price and there its fixed?

cheers