Logi Browser
F00Fighters

UE Boom Battery Repair/Replacement Concerns and Warranty

I would appreciate a straight answer. I am aware the battery cannot be replaced by the consumer on the UE boom. But the fact remains, rechargeable batteries wear out over time.

1. Does your warranty cover the battery wearing out during the two year period (by repair or product replacement)?
2. After two years warranty, can Logitech replace the battery for a fee?
3. Once the Battery dies on the UE Boom, which will happen eventually, am I to understand that my $200 speaker will then become a nonfunctional unit, beyond repair?

The most important question is #3. If I'm going to invest $200 in this speaker, I want it to last. I don't mind paying a repair fee to have the battery replaced over time. I don't want to invest $200 in a disposable speaker.
Logi Browser
F00Fighters

Re: UE Boom Battery Repair/Replacement Concerns and Warranty

Btw, I'd just like to add, while this is a terrific sounding product, I can't imagine buying two of them ($400 total) for left/right stereo sound capabilities, only to discover the life of the entire product is defined by the life of the non replaceable battery.
Logi Browser
F00Fighters

Anyone?

Logi Nu
furburgr33

I have same problem and they won't answer me back I will not buy anymore of there products should have bought the Bose instead
Logi Nu
NewBattery

So, I own the Logitech UE Boombox - purchased about 1 year ago - claimed battery life was 6 hours, but only got about 4 under normal use... this has now dwindled to about 2.5(if I'm lucky, and am not playing it at high volumes).  I would strongly recommend choosing an alternate product/manufacturer, at least until Logitech changes their business model regarding battery replacement.  Who wants to buy a $250 brick?  I will be choosing Bose, from here on out.

It's really too bad, as I really enjoy the styling, and the sound that is produced by UE products.

AntonC
Topics: 61
Kudos: 297
Solutions: 95

Hi Everyone,

If your product is defective within the warranty period for any reason, including the battery, we will exchange it. The battery in UE BOOM is not replaceable.

Regards,

AntonC
Community Manager

Support + Download | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Check Rebate Status
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank our community contributors!
Problem Solved? Click "Accepted as Solution" so this information can help other users.

These opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.

Logi Nu
jeffme

Hi Anton - 

Thanks for your reply.

Do you understand why the answer you've provided is unsatisfactory?

The battery could be non-defective and still wear out relatively quickly.

How does Logitech define defective when it comes to batteries for the UE Boom?

What are work-arounds? Will the speakers work if the batteries are dead, but the speaker is connected to a powered USB host jack?

Thanks, Jeff

Logi Browser
sdf1skull

I'm wondering the same thing.  The battery is easily replaceable.  I would like to be able to buy a new battery once the stock one wears out.  If this is how Logitech does business I don't plan on spending a dime on any of their high end products in the future.

I've seen similar brand boomboxes with replaceable batteries.  I'd be willing to sacrifice some sound quality for this feature alone.  As much as I love my UE boombox, I can't see myself buying another one in 2 years at $150+ a pop for speakers.

Logi Nu
Duck_185392

I seem to have read every review, bar these posts when I purchased the UE Boom from JB Hifi in Melbourne in early Dec 13.

My UE Boom has died after maybe....... 19 hours use in total. It will not recharge. The white recharge light will not even come on.

It is now effectively a paper weight, a $200 paper weight. Why does the UE Boom come with instructions on how to remove the battery if your not able to change the battery.........  Bet it's for environmental friendly disposal. Well the whole things will be going in the bin. What a waste of my time, effort and money.

As I'm working in Africa with Australian Defence Force, I needed some tunes. Now all I have is the tinny Macbook Air to listen to. Not so easy to take back when purchase by a mate on holiday and sent over without receipt. 8-10 weeks to return post. If I could find a serial number....

It took about two weeks of surfing to finally settle on the UE Boom over the Bose, well paying for it now.

Logi Nu
Duck_185392

My experiance Jeff..

My UE Boom does not work plugged in. In fact does not work at all. Dead battery will not hold a recharge or charge after 19 hours.