Logi Nu
David-Power

Z506 connect to Xbox360/TV

I recently bought Logitech Z506 surround sounds speakers and i can't figure out how to connect them to my TV or xbox360 . I was thinking of buying the Logitech 5.1 game console adapter but  they are out of stock and im from the Uk , so they are hard to aquire .  So does anyone know how to connect these i can use the green cable and get the first 3 speaker to work but the right and left don't .

I bought them from  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Z506-Surround-Sound-Speakers/dp/B003WJR482/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

The page states :

Plug-and-play setup

Quick-access inputs make it easy to connect your laptop, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, iPod, DVD player and more.

What you need
  • Computers, music players, TVs, DVD players and other audio sources with 3.5 mm or RCA audio out (not included)
  • PlayStation2, PLAYSTATION3, Xbox 360 or Wii using the AV cable that comes with your console

However i can't seem to just plug in and play . The solution i guess is probably starring staaight at me in the face , but i just can't figure it out .

Thanks

David (first post wish me luck)

Logi Nu
TerryD7

Re: Z506 connect to Xbox360/TV

David

I am in a very similar boat to you, I recently have bought these speakers and cannot connect them to my tv. (I have wired it up to my laptop and PS3, to make sure they definitly work - they do) I have read MANY experts that say we will not get the maximum 5.1 sound output (but I have also read people saying these experts are talking nonsense, and these people have got their speakers working perfectly. 

I bought mainly them to use for films/ football etc on sky. 

Help..............

(Also first post)

Logi Nu
David-Power

At least you were able to connect it to your ps3 my xbox rca cable(red asnd white) wont stretch . The only way i believe will work is by buying Phoho stacking leads such as :

bv84new.jpg

Im thinking like turtle beaches (not sure if you have any) it will let you place the rca in the back of it and extend the cable to the floor . Sorry hard to explain . That is what i am planning to do as logitech gameconsole adapter isnt sold in the Uk and this website is out of stock , Im not sure about your tv maybe another rca cable or a splitter im not to technical .

Good luck 

Second post :smileyhappy: 

Logi Master III
BLH

I have seen this mentioned here but have no personal knowledge of if it works.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0U009F5652

I do know that my Vizio LED TV's have an Optical Output that can have 5.1 signals on it.

I have a Z2300 so in my case I have a Optical to Stereo Analog signal converter and tell the TV to downconvert any 5.1 sources to PCM Stereo.

Also due to Digital Rights Management. The optical signals can be limited to PCM Stereo. If the owner of the sounds source limits you.

I understand a full HMDI Output {not on many TV's} may still have the full 5.1 audio available.

Logi Nu
TerryD7

I am getting fed up with these speakers, usually I think i;m quite good with this type of equipment, but these speakers are really beginning to annoy me.

I have used audio leads (red and white connectors) directly from the system to my Samsung tv (model number LE40C750R2K) and there is still no sound.

Only time I have had sound out of them is when I linked it to my laptop, when I linked it to my PS3 I also had no sound.....

Its got so bad, I have contacted a local Panasonic electrical shop to come out tomorrow and see what I am doing wrong (if any)

I really hope I have been silly and it will all be fixed tomorrow.....

Logi Master III
BLH

[ Edited ]

Look carefully at your TV's manual.

It is very rare to have RCA Audio Outputs.

I found your TV's manual online. All I can see are RCA Audio Inputs.

So if you are trying to use one of them. That is why you have no audio into your Z506 speakers.

I did see an Optical Audio Output.

You maybe able to get a Optical to Analog Audio converter.

Another option though not ideal is use the Headphone Jack to drive the speakers. That is what I had to do with my older LCD TV as it had no optical or analog audio outputs. My new one has an optical and I have a optical to analog stereo converter for my Z2300s.

Logi Nu
TerryD7

BLH - first of all let me thank you for taking time to look into this for me.

So if i got this 'Optical to Analog Audio converter' this would be the end of my troubles?

I am just concerned how much this is all costing me.

I have searched for the equipment, there apears to be a massive range in price, I dont want to shirk on price on, and impact on my sound.

Regards

Logi Master III
BLH

[ Edited ]

I don't have any experience with the optical adapter I linked to earlier.

So I don't know how well it can produce a 5.1 Analog Audio Signal your Z506 speaker set needs.

I have only used a optical to analog stereo adapter for my Z2300 speaker set and then set my TV's optical output to always be PCM Stereo even if the sound was 5.1.

My TV sets manual warned that if the Copyright owner of the program and sound didn't want 5.1 outputted on the optical signal output. A security flag would be set and all I would get is 2.1 PCM audio.

You are using the PS3 into the TV and then want to take the sound from the TV to your Z506 speakers?

What cable are you using from the PS3 to the TV?

The three RCA plug one {Yellow,Red and White} . Only supply composite video, right and left audio to the TV

Logi Nu
David-Power

My  solution with phono stacking cables works for my xbox but no sound for my tv . I can get the first 3 front speakers or the back 2 to work sperately when i plug the green cable into the tv . I was thinking some sort of spliiter would do the job . For the ps3 im unsure i expect it woud be the same as a xbox360 in some ways . 

Logi Nu
TerryD7

Ahhh finally i'm working (£40 lighter mind you)

The technician from the local electronic shop came up, and fixed it within 10 mins (easy money if you can get it)

My audio jack points on my tv are broke (well not working, who knows if they ever worked) he plugged the audio leads (which should be into the tv into a RCA to scart plug - job done.

Its early days (hours) still playing with the it to find the optimal sound.

Happy boy