Logi Nu
Dan211uk
Accepted Solution

Z506 optimal setup and questions

Hi,

I have just bought some Z506 speakers and am wondering whats the best way to connect them to my TV. I have a Wii, 360 and PS3 that I use regularly. At the moment I am using red and white cables from the subwoofer to the TV. What will give the best audio quality/surround sound.

What settings should I select on the 360/Wii/PS3? Digital stereo etc or a 5.1 setting?

Cheers!

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
dhelpard1

Re: Z506 optimal setup and questions

Hello Dan211uk,

You currently have your speakers connected to your TV in probably the best and easiest way to do it.  You will have to connect your XBOX 360, PS3 and Wii all in the same manor.  You will not get true surround sound connecting these speakers to anything other then a 6 channel output sound card on a computer.  The Z506 relies on your computer to decode the audio for surround sound.  When you connect your speakers using the RCA inputs on the sub woofer, the speakers will enable "matrix" mode automatically which will provide you with a simulated surround sound environment.

I hope this helps you out.

Sincerely,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.

Logi Nu
Dan211uk

Ok thanks a lot. Wish I knew more about this though before buying for 360.

Oh well,

So because of this I should set the audio settings to stereo on the Wii and 360? Or would there be any benefit at all setting them on surround.

Thanks

dhelpard1

Hello Dan211uk,

There will be no benefit in setting your systems up as surround sound.  Since you will be outputting using RCA cables or one 3.5mm stereo jack, the sound will be down mixed to stereo anyways.  The only set of speakers Logitech currently manufacture with optical inputs are the Z906 speakers.  These speakers have a built in DTS and Dolby Digital decoder an they can be viewed here.

I hope this helps you out.

Sincerely,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.

Logi Nu
Dan211uk

OK, thanks a lot. I just wish I waited now and saved up for some of those. I wonder if I can return them to the store tomorrow.

dhelpard1

[ Edited ]

Hello Dan211uk,

Most retail stores have a 30 day return policy.  It won't hurt to inquire about returning your Z506 and upgrading to the Z906 speakers.

Sincerely,