7ox
Logi Nu
7ox

Z623 left speaker problem

[ Edited ]
I bought the logitech system z623 last week
After few days left speaker died for no reason, sometimes I have to reboot my pc, or, lately I have to disconnect and reconnect the othercable that connects it to the sub
This is a troublesome thing, the sound card is updated and my os is Windows7
Epic THX test    :smileyvery-happy:
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
CarterW

Re: Z623 left speaker problem

Hi 7ox,

Is the left speaker completely dead, or is it working again after you reboot your PC or reconnect the other cable on subwoofer? Would it be possible to test the speaker system on a second audio source like another computer, mp3 player, smartphone, etc...and see if you can duplicate the issue?

Regards 

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
7ox
Logi Nu
7ox

[ Edited ]

No, not completely dead.. When I reboot my PC or reconnect the other cable on sub, everything turns out well..

I try to switch cable from pc to my iPhone when left speaker dead, but keeps stay dead..

My friend says probably the problem is with the sound card ( nVIDIA nForce 6100-430 (MCP61P) - High Definition Audio ControllerPCI ).. 

So.. What's the problem? :smileysurprised:

Ps. When i used the system on Tv everything works well :smileyhappy:

7ox
Logi Nu
7ox

So? :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
CarterW

If it's happening on an iPhone, it sounds like the speaker is defective, please contact Customer Support for your region.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
joeliu0112

Hello,  (posted this in an identical thread)

I have had the same exact problem except the speakers are connected to my HDTV.  4 out of 5 times I turn my TV on, there will be no sound coming out of the left satellite.  I'll have to keep turning my TV off and on until sound comes out of the left - which is probably extremely bad for my LCD TV.  As you said, it's an extremely annoying problem especially when you have company over and you are trying to watch a movie.  It's actually kind of embarassing.

I've had a replacement satellite sent out already (just the left satellite), but the problem isn't fixed.  Thought it was a TV problem, so the TV company sent out a completely new set - still didn't fix the problem.  

At the moment I have been waiting 2 months for a new z623 to be sent out (they said it was out of stock) - I'm hoping it is a subwoofer problem.

Unforutnately, the only reason I am using the z623 is because my z-2300's died within warranty, so I was sent a z623.  Safe to say that I'm probably not going to purchase speakers from Logitech again, even though I have had a long relationship with them.  I've been trying to solve this problem for months (been waiting for 2 months just for a replacement set to be sent out to me!).  And since I'm turning my new LCD HDTV on and off so many times, the speaker problem is also detrimental to the television!

Logitech offered to replace with the z506 - it's a joke since I can't even support the full 5.1 feature and that it is only 75 watts compared to the z623's 200 watts.  I've asked for the z906, but they refused to replace the z623's with them even though I've been having problems for months and that I've been a customer for years.  

Oh well, sorry to see you go Logitech.  My friend has the Klipsh (spelling?) 2.1 speakers (200 watts) and they are awesome.  Just sayin'.  

Logi Nu
Berz

After many hours of frustration, I believe I have found a solution.

If your audio drivers are through Realtek (which they likely are, here is how to get the left speaker working!!

Start->search program or files -> type in "Realtek HD Audio Manager" -> Open the program -> Near the top right, select "device advanced settings->make sure "seperate all input jacks as independent input devices" is selected -> enjoy

It would be cool, if the people getting money to fix these problems would actually fix them.

Thanks, Berz