Logi Nu
elltrev

x-530 Speakers and Windows 7

Hello all,

I have had the x-530 speakers for a few years and have had no problems with them. However, I've just got a new Dell Inspiron 545 with Windows 7, and now I can only get sound to come out of the front speakers (rear speakers, central speaker and subwoofer don't work). I've tested each speaker by plugging the individual cable into my MP3 player, and they all work fine. So I'm thinking it must be an issue with Windows 7.

Has anyone else found this, and does anyone know what I can do to fix it?

Many thanks.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Re: x-530 Speakers and Windows 7

Hi,

How many connectors are on the Dell system?

The Operating system does not interface with the speakers. The interface for audio output is the sound card.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Browser
rcarnevali

Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound>Manage Audio devices

That's the place to start. You should see the various hardware devices, including speakers, listed. Highlight the speakers and then click the "Configure" button. You have to specify that you have a 5.1 channel speaker system hooked up, or else all sound is just sent to the normal stereo channels.

Logi Nu

elltrev wrote:

Hello all,

I have had the x-530 speakers for a few years and have had no problems with them. However, I've just got a new Dell Inspiron 545 with Windows 7, and now I can only get sound to come out of the front speakers (rear speakers, central speaker and subwoofer don't work). I've tested each speaker by plugging the individual cable into my MP3 player, and they all work fine. So I'm thinking it must be an issue with Windows 7.

Has anyone else found this, and does anyone know what I can do to fix it?

Many thanks.

Logi Nu
The_Nameless

I dont have the X-530 speakers in my list..now what ?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
jlohnes

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

Here is the link to the manual for the X-530; it will show you proper connections to get 5.1 channel sound. Also, make sure you have Windows configured for 5.1 channel for speakers.

Just a few notes about audio and how it works:

1. In order to get a 5.1 channel sound, your speakers must be receiving a 5.1 channel signal from the media being played, and have a 5.1 channel sound card.

2. mp3's are not recorded in 5.1 channel, only 2.0 or 2.1. To test if your speakers are working, try playing a DVD that is labeled as recorded in  5.1 channel audio.

3. The X-530 is an analog speaker system and will not show up in your devices as "X-530". It will instead show up as "speakers" or bearing the name of your sound card manufacturer (Realtek, SoundMax, etc.)

Hope this information is helpful!

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.