Logi Nu
chitfortat

x-540- center and two rear speakers not working

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I currently own an x-540 and I'm not getting the full experience everyone's talking about.

My center and two rear speakers are not working. I have a Dell XPS-400 and the sound card i'm using is the SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC. I just recently reformatted my computer and installed the audio driver properly. I also went into the advanced audio properties and changed the speaker setup to 5.1 surround sound and still it wont work. Even with the sound quality im getting right now with the two speakers, I'm not really enjoying. Can someone please help me out so I can experience its good sound?  Also, I'm not sure if the plugs to the computer are in its proper place. I know the green one is. If someone can help me with that also, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Message Edited by chitfortat on 07-22-2009 03:29 AM
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Re: x-540- center and two rear speakers not working

Hi,

What are you playing through the speakers? An MP3 file is not encoded in 5.1 so you will only get the sub and fronts working unless you use the Matrix mode.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
tommo89

Mike_M wrote:

Hi,

What are you playing through the speakers? An MP3 file is not encoded in 5.1 so you will only get the sub and fronts working unless you use the Matrix mode.

Hey Mike,

i am having this exact error as well,

i play itunes, and dvds, and all i get is the front left/right speaker, and sub working, i have no idea how to make the rears and centre work, i have a really good sound card (one that i purchased to fix this issue, but no go), when i am in the setting of the sound  card, i can see that the centre and rear right/left work cause i hear soundo out of them, but when i play dvd/itunes/wmp nothing works, i have fiddled alot, there is surely something out there to resolve this, cause it is really annoying i was about to buy a new set of speakers, but i don't believe it will fix this issue, please tell me how to resolve this.

also you speak of matrix mode, where is this ? please

Thankyou in advance, i hope for a quick reply, so i can get this sorted out, thanks

Tom

Logi Nu
tommo89

i don't actually have x-540 posted in the wrong thread.

sorry for the troubles - posting in a new thread

Logi Nu
Xano74

I am actually having this problem and I DO have the x-540's. My center and rear don't work, when they always have until now. There is a slight staticy sound coming from them as well if you put your ear to them.