05-14-2012 06:07 PM
A new update for iPeng (1.5.2) and iPeng for iPad (1.3.2) is just rolling out on the App Store.
The biggest changes are actually bug fixes but as usual there are a few nice enhancements, too.
* Playback issues with radio streams should now really be fixed.
* There was an issue where the player sometimes disconnected during playback. Half of this issue was related to a bug in iOS 5.1 so updating to iOS 5.1.1 should already give an improvement but there was also a bug in iPeng which is now fixed.
* The most common reasons for crashes I saw in the logs are fixed. If you still experience any crashes that are NOT in the web browser (I can't fix that one, it's an iOS bug) please let me know, I'm currently not aware of any crashes that should happen during normal operation of the App.
* more retina artwork. While this is true for both the iPhone and the iPad version, the iPad version is more affected and especially features retina resolution player icons.
* There are now scrolling labels for the current track.
* You can suppress the popups that inform you about added tracks ("showBriefly"). There's a setting which also gets enabled whenever you click away the popup
* iPeng now remembers the state of the NowPlaying overlays
Author of iPeng.
Learn more about iPeng, the Squeezebox and UE Smart Radio App for iPhone or iPad on penguinlovesmusic.com