Logi Nu
scubadoc

Can’t upgrade to software version 7.7.2 r9663 update

I have tried everything including a reset to factory settings. The upgrade get stuck at a variety of % upgrade. The highest was 36% complete. Now I can’t even use the radio. Need help or advice.

Logi Rook
BeastCompany

Re: Can’t upgrade to software version 7.7.2 r9663 update

Hello scubadoc,

Try doing the following :

a, Unplug the Power from the back of the radio

b, Press and hold onto the REW button on the front of the radio

c, Plug the Power back in while still holding onto the REW button until you see the Logitech Logo after which you can let it go.

Once the Radio reboots and comes back on, go to Settings>Advanced>Diagnostics and check to see if the radio reverted back to the previous version.

If it did, try doing a manual update (Settings>Advanced>Software Update>Begin update). If the Radio did not revert back, try it again to see if you can rever it back prior to updating it again.

If that fails, you might have to download and install a previous version of the software on your computer and connect the radio to your computer and downgrade the software prior to connecting it to Mysqueezebox.com and applying the current update.

You can download the previous versions from the below provided link :

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/

Hope this helps.

Take Care

If a reply adequately addresses issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
scubadoc

DO I have to also press the power button back on?

How do you hook the Squeeze box to the computer??

Logi Rook
BeastCompany

Hello scubadoc,

You do not have to press the Power button back on. Just unplug the power cable from the back and plug it back while holding the REW button to roll the firmware.

To connect your Radio to your Computer, this is what you need to do.

1, Download and install the software on your computer.

2, Fill in all the necessary credentials on the software so the player and the software can communicate between each other.

3, On the Radio, go to MYMusic>Computer and you should be able to see your computer in there. Select that and you should then be connected to your computer.

As soon as you establish connection to your Computer via the Radio, the radio will say " you have to update the software"

Click on update software and that will basically downgrade the Firmware on your computer to whatever version that you have installed on your computer.

If you run into any problems, let us know.

Take Care

If a reply adequately addresses issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
scubadoc

Nothing works and therefore the only conclusion I can come to i that the Sqeezebox is defective.

Alan J. Ostrowe, M.D.

Logi Guru
garymc

what exactly is not working? What messages are you getting. Did LMS install OK on your PC? Have you setup your mysqueezebox.com account and entered the credentials in the LMS > Settings?

Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
Spares: VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Files: Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify
Logi Nu
scubadoc

It finally happened. Did not do anything different.   ??????