Logi Nu
Randomeister
Accepted Solution

Connect to Stored Remote Library

My Squeezebox Radio connects fine to my Squeezebox server by entering an IP into "Remote Libraries". After that the server is stored in the list under Remote Libraries.

Next I reconnect to mysqueezebox.com to access my favourites and use the browser remote. But when I want to connect to my stored squeezebox server again, and select it under "Remote Libraries", it doesn't connect. The only option I have is "Remove Library".

My only option in order to connect to the server is to remove the library, and add it again. Is this a bug, or am I missing something obvious?

Apologies if this has been discussed already.

Logi Guru II
squeezeit

Re: Connect to Stored Remote Library

Why are you switching away from the remote LMS server to listen to internet radio?

Why are you using Remote Library?  Is your Radio on a different network than your LMS server?

Logi Nu
Randomeister

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but to me it seems like I can't access the media on my LMS unless I am connected to it. Which means I am not connected to mysqueezebox.com.

Yes, I can access radio stations etc through my LMS as well, but then I can't use for instance my Android remote control App or the mysqueezebox.com remote control to access the SB. It would also make it impossible to access my favourites if I was to connect to internet somewhere outside of home. All my favourites would be stored on my local LMS.

Remote Library seems to be the only way I can connect to the LMS directly from the SB (when I'm connected to mysqueezebox.com), without using the LMS web interface to connect.

So how am I supposed to set up the SB? To only connect to the LMS and never directly to mysqueezebox.com?

Logi Guru II
squeezeit

[ Edited ]

Well, a couple of things..........

This is assuming your LMS server is truly on the same network as is your player and all is working as it should.

Correct, your player can only be connected to one server at a time, LMS or MySB.

LMS offers everything MySB offers, plus a lot more and much more customizable, often more reliable even.

You can freely switch between LMS and MySB and back to LMS without doing the Remote Library access, I do this all the time (see below).

On LMS you have complete access to your MySB Favorites, without having to actually switch to MySB.

You could use the LMS web UI instead of the MySB Remote Control web UI feature (and have a LOT more features not on MySB).

Your Android app should work on both LMS and MySB, it doesn't?

Use away from home:

Yes, your player can connect to MySB while away from home on any open WiFi network, but with one big exception.  It won't work on a WiFi that requires any sort of authentication, like "click here to accept our terms of service" or "enter login info", both are very common for hot spot WiFi, like at hotels or even McDonalds.  If away at your cousins house on their WiFi, not a problem.

If you understand networking ignore the following paragraph.   :smileyhappy:

To use Remote Library to access your home LMS server from a different location/network (you are in Dallas but your LMS server is at home in Boston) you must do some serious network setup to get this to work, including port forwarding and password authentication.  Have you tried accessing your LMS server located in your home from outside of your network?  Even your next door neighbors network will do as a test.  Point is, this may be a bit more challenging to accomplish than you think, and involves very serious security issues for your home network if not setup and administered correctly.

I'd look into why you need to use Remote Library at all to switch between LMS and MySB, this should not be necessary.

When you are on MySB and you select My Music on the Radio itself, you are not offered to switch to your LMS server?

If so, try this: connect your Radio to LMS, on your Radio go to My Music > Switch Library, hover over this item and press the "+" button, select "add to Home menu".  Now connect Radio to MySB, when you want to get back to LMS just select My Music (your LMS server should be offered), this is how it should be working for you.  If LMS is NOT offered by simply selecting My Music then select "Switch Library" from your Home menu, and it should be in there.

Logi Nu
Randomeister

[ Edited ]

Yes! That is truly the answer I was looking for! Thanks heaps for your help! Particularly the combination of My Music to connect to my server and then I used the "+" to bring the connect to mysqueezebox.com to a more convenient location.

I now also understand why my original question was somewhat "wrong".

Regarding the Android app, I'm going to have to look into that a bit more.

Is there any way of adding favourites to the mysqueezebox.com folder when logged on to the LMS? That would be helpful when logging on to mysqueezebox.com when not on the home network.

Logi Guru II
squeezeit

I don't believe there is a way to add to MySB Favorites while on LMS, no.

Logi Master III
pippin107

The Logitech Android App can't access remote libraries but some of the 3rd party Apps can. I know SqueezeCommander can configure remote Libraries, not sure which others do.

On the favorites: If you enable account synchronization on the "mysqueezebox.com" tab in the LMS server settings your LMS favorites should be on MySB as well.

---
Author of iPeng.
Learn more about iPeng, the Squeezebox and UE Smart Radio App for iPhone or iPad on penguinlovesmusic.com
Logi Guru II
squeezeit

Hi pippin,

I don't think you need that LMS > MySB sync option for LMS to offer Favorites > on MySB.  I've had that sync turned off for a very long time because it was causing my Boom's audio settings to go wacky, yet I've always had the LMS > Favorites > on MySB available to me.

Random,

Try your Android app now that you are no longer using the Remote Library login.  I do not use such apps to control my SqueezeBox's so I have no idea how to switch that app between LMS and MySB, but I'm quite certain it can be done.

Logi Master III
pippin107

squeezeit wrote:
Try your Android app now that you are no longer using the Remote Library login.  I do not use such apps to control my SqueezeBox's so I have no idea how to switch that app between LMS and MySB, but I'm quite certain it can be done.

No it can not, at least not with Logitech's. Logitech's App does not allow manual configuration of a remote library.

As I said: SqueezeCommander can and probably some of the other Apps, too.

---
Author of iPeng.
Learn more about iPeng, the Squeezebox and UE Smart Radio App for iPhone or iPad on penguinlovesmusic.com
Logi Guru II
squeezeit

Yes, you cannot use that Android app with remote library.  I was suggesting that because he is now NOT using Remote Library to try that Android app with both LMS and MySB.  :smileyhappy:

Certainly the Android app can be used on both LMS and MySB, no?