Logi Nu
Celeritas

Popping noises with Transporter firmware 81 and 85

After upgrading to 7.5.2 today I started noticing "static pops" in high-res tracks (FLAC compression level "0" files that played fine yesterday) and while the player changed tracks. I used to hear a similar "pop" when the DAC would go from 44.1/16 to 96/24, but this was now while music was playing. I began to wonder if it was the new firmware version 81. I updated my "transporter.version" file and installed firmware version 85. Same problem.

I downgraded the firmware to 80 (still using 7.5.2 server) and the pops went away. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm sure I won't be able to use firmware 80 forever.

Things I tried before downgrading:
Reinstall firmware (hold brightness)
Reprogrammed xilink (hold "1" while plugging in)
Factory reset (hold "+" while plugging in)

Only downgrading the firmware helped.

Logi Nu
Celeritas

Compression related

I did some more experimentation with Transporter firmware 85 and have identified that the "popping" and "clicking" issue is definitely related to compression and possibly caused by the Transporter running out of computing resources. I noticed that the tracks most impacted by the popping noises were ones that I had to "re-flac" at compression level "0" in the past to have them play correctly. With firmware 80, this was enough. With firmware 81 or 85, I have to convert the files to wav format to play them without artifacts. Something in the new firmware is using resources that were already scarce, pushing the decoder over the top. I suppose I can store all high resolution files in wav format, but I've opened a ticket with the help desk to make sure this is known by the development team.