Logi Nu
IanWood
Accepted Solution

Spotify "invalid username or password" when synchronized, works otherwise

[ Edited ]

Hi all, I have a SB Touch and a Radio. I have been using Spotify on both for sometime and it worked well, either one or the other or both synchronized.

However, after the relevantly recent upgrade to 7.7.2 – r33893 I can't synchronize anymore. It displays “invalid username or password”.

Either one works by itself, and both can play the same or different Spotify things at the same but it doesn't work if if I try to synchronize.

I have tried removing the app and installing again but it didn't solve it.

What do I need to do?

Cheers

Ian

Logi Nu
nickmantia

Re: Spotify "invalid username or password" when synchronized, works otherwise

I was just having the exact same problem -- I recently upgraded the software on my SqueezeBox Radio's (I have 3) 

I un-did the synchronization, then re-synced them and it appears Spotify works again. Give this a shot

Logi Nu
IanWood

Thanks very much for your tip!

I thought I have tried everything but I hadn't tried un scynching from each device explicitly. Works now - very pleased.

Logi Nu
ChrNielsen

I have the same problem, and I have tried to unsync, for then to re-sync, and it is still not working together.

What to do

Logi Nu
lucky_s

Same problem here. :-( How do you fix it???
Logi Browser
Jaca

+1 same problem.

I'm not able to use triode plugin as I'm running LMS on Raspberry Pi now (Squezzeplug).

Official plugin only works when unsynced! otherwise it comes with 'invalid usarname or password'

I can sometimes get 2 players (Touch and Radio) streaming from Spotify but adding 3rd Radio/Touch results with same error

'invalid usarname or password' and then Radios seems to crash - resets itself (Touch does the same) 

Please advice if you know any solutions, thank you!

3x Squeezebox Touch, 2x Squeezebox Radio, SqueezePlayer, SqueezePlay, SqueezeCommander, Orange Squeeze, Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.2 on Synology DS211j
Logi Browser
Jaca

Just noticed there is new version of Squeezeplug!! v6 both in hard and soft-float so triode should work fine :smileyhappy:

downloading now... 

well... still would be nice to know if there is solution for official Spotify plugin.. perhaps on slimdevices forums as this one is how to put it... .. hmm...  I would keep my mouth shut :smileywink: cheers!

3x Squeezebox Touch, 2x Squeezebox Radio, SqueezePlayer, SqueezePlay, SqueezeCommander, Orange Squeeze, Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.2 on Synology DS211j