Logi Browser
lori-robn

Squeezebox, Player Not Found

Hi -

I've had my Squeezebox player for many years. Suddenly this week I am unable to play it.  When I power it on, I get "waking up server...", then "connecting to server....", then "can't connec to server".  Logitech Media Server is running and appears fine - I can see all my music.  But in LMS control panel, total players recognized = 0.    In Diagnostics, there is no player.  From LMS, Settings, Player tab, "your player was not found".

I am able to connec to MySqueezebox through my player's remote and play internet radio.

Can't imagine what happened this week that could have caused this?  I restarted my computer, but that didn't fix anything.

Any suggestions?

If it helps, LMS IP address is 192.168.1.103.

Many thanks!

Logi Guru
garymc

Re: Squeezebox, Player Not Found

turn off pc. and then reboot router (unplug then plugin). then restart PC and LMS.

Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
Spares: VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Files: Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify
Logi Browser
lori-robn

hi - when you say reboot router, do you mean my wireless router?

thanks!

Logi Guru
garymc

yes. but how many do you have? Do you have a router then a 2nd WIFI access point. Most folks would have a single router that serves as the WIFI access point and the place to plug in ethernet cables, etc.  That is:

internet from outside house > cable modem or dsl modem > router (wifi and ethernet) > stuff in house that uses wifi or ethernet

Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Logi Guru II
squeezeit

Yes, whatever router your devices are connected to, unplug it, plug it back in.

Logi Browser
lori-robn

Hi - I have one wireless router.  I turned off my pc, reset the router (unplugged and plugged back in), powered up my PC and LMS, and my player is still not found....

Logi Guru
garymc

on the player itself, go to "my music" and select this. Does it offer up the LMS music library to connect to?

Logi Browser
lori-robn

I finally just unplugged the Squeezebox player and plugged it back in, and went through the whole setup process.  This seems to have done the trick....

Thanks for the responses.  

(to answer the last question - none of my music was showing up under "My Music" on mysb....)

Logi Guru
garymc

lori-robn wrote:

Thanks for the responses.  

(to answer the last question - none of my music was showing up under "My Music" on mysb....)

your music should not show up when you are connected to mysqueezebox.com.  But when you go to my music on the menu, it should offer you the option of connecting to your LMS music library (and in LMS you should give your LMS music library a name that you can easily recognize...mine is something like "Home VBA Library"

Logi Browser
lori-robn

Thanks, Gary.  I couldn't connect to anything beforehand, couldn't even get a menu.  Couldn't get past the "cannot connect to server" message on my player....so no browsing, no music, no nothin'.

Have no idea what happened??

But - glad it's working now...phew!