04-04-2012 08:13 AM
I have a couple of Squeezebox Radios (running 7.7.2-r9663) and they both have a problem re-connecting to the wireless network when my router is restarted. The scenario is this:
1. Squeezebox Radio working fine listening to a internet radio station. Wireless icon has max "bars" and is white in colour
2. Turn off Squeezebox Radio using power button
3. Restart router (DIR-615 running dd-wrt firmware)
4. Turn on Squeezebox Radio
5. Wireless icon is now orange and radio fails to connect to network
6. Only way to re-connect is to power off (holding down power button) and power back on
7. Squeezebox Radio back to normal after restart
Is there any settings that will control the network reconnect behaviour?
The same behaviour was seen with the previous 7.7.1 version
No other device in the house (Macbook, Mac Pro, iPods, Blackberry Phones, Android Phone, etc.) has a problem reconnecting to the wireless network after a router restart
04-04-2012 09:55 AM
I've noticed this as well, but my solution is to just let the Radio sit for an extra minute, then it connects.
Why it takes so long I do not know.
Also, try selecting Now Playing from the home menu. Sometimes it willstart playing while the WiFi icon shows it is not connected (red). I think that icon is just very delayed in informing it's true connection state, both connected and not connected.