02-28-2012 07:59 AM
My Squeezebox touch stops responding after 1 hour, or less. I do factory resets. Sometimes after every track. I deleted and re-installed my Pandora and Slacker apps. Pandora seems much worse than Slacker. In the past I would have to unplug the unit for at least and hour and it would resolve itself, but now no amount of effort fixes the problem. I've even resetted and unplugged it over night. Using the most current firmwear as well.
02-28-2012 08:29 AM
Pandora & Slacker are experiencing issues at the moment. Try another station in Internet Radio or Favorites that are not a subscription service, see if those play fine. I suspect you unplugging the Touch is not needed.
What server are you connecting Touch to?on your computer? MySB.com online (no computer)? own inbuilt server?
02-28-2012 08:45 AM
Hi. I'm doing the player's mySB server. Yeah, cheers on the info. From time to time Pandora, in particular, craps-out. I'd go to an internet radio station for a while, out of frustration. This time it just seems jacked. Doing a forum search, I see myself saying "I've had that problem!" Like at this very moment, I can get Slacker to go for like an hour before it stops working. Pandora will stop after one or two tracks. All the radio stations work. I've never got "my music" on the Touch to work successfully.
02-28-2012 09:12 AM
Touch and USB / SD Troubleshooting & best practices for best performance
USB or SD card devices
- Check the formatting of the device, Touch supported formats: FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, ext2, ext3
- Touch can only see/use a single partition, format as a single partition, or use only the first partition for all relevant music files
- Remove any included USB/SD device “utilities” as these can cause issues
- Make sure there is at least 10% free space (20% even better)
- Remove any non-music related files (videos, documents, programs, pictures, data, etc…)
- Or, if removing such files is not an option, place a . (dot) in front of folders that are not music related (folders not containing music files, album art, playlists). A simple (dot) in front of a folder means that TinySBS will ignore these and (hopefully) greatly speed up scan times.
- Attach device directly to your computer and run basic maintenance utilities (disk cleanup, error checking, defrag)
- Storage unit must be writable (Touch’s server must install files and be able to write to these files)
- Quick Test: Place a small, single folder of music on the device for initial testing (why have it scanning for hours if it isn’t going to complete the scan)
- Try an external USB power source, HD power supply or a powered USB hub. (Touch may not have enough bus power to power the USB HD)
- Try a different USB cable
- HD Sleep mode can cause issues (may have to completely rescan HD every time it “wakes”)
- If you turn OFF Touch or HD, or unplug HD, Touch must completely rescan the entire HD
03-06-2012 01:22 PM
Experiencing the same Slacker time out - data error. I have setups in 4 locations — 2 homes and 2 businesses each with different accounts, various equipment, versions of Slim/Squeeze devices and server builds. All experienceing the Slacker issue.
Looking forward to a resolution. Please, really rely on you Slim. Thanks!