Logi Nu
kbear09090

Joystick Wingman Interceptor and XP

I have an old school Wingman Interceptor, model J-YGB. It has a gameport cable, not a USB cable. I can put a sound card in, or find an adaptor to USB. I am not sure which is the best choice. I am not sure how compatible the software is with Windows XP. I would like to know if anyone knows how functional it would be, or if it would even install. I love my old joystick. It fits my hand really well and I love the button layout. I bought a new one and I just can't get into it. Any help is appreciated.
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mona

Re: Joystick Wingman Interceptor and XP

kbear09090 wrote:
I have an old school Wingman Interceptor, model J-YGB. It has a gameport cable, not a USB cable. I can put a sound card in, or find an adaptor to USB. I am not sure which is the best choice. I am not sure how compatible the software is with Windows XP. I would like to know if anyone knows how functional it would be, or if it would even install. I love my old joystick. It fits my hand really well and I love the button layout. I bought a new one and I just can't get into it. Any help is appreciated.

I am sorry but its very unlikely for your joystick to work with a third party adapter. Furthermore, the software will not work either.
Logi Nu
kbear09090

Thank you very much for your help. I will retire my "Old Reliable". I have shot down many Migs, killed many aliens, and shot a few turkeys with this joystick. It would be nice if you could make an updated version with the same ergonomics. I bought an attack 3, but the buttons are flush and hard to distinguish from each other. The rest are strangely laid out. Oh well......
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mona

Thank you for your continuous support towards Logitech kbear09090. I will forward your feedback to our development team.
Logi Nu
graba

I'll 2nd, 3rd and 4th that. I've bought the Extreme 3D Pro but keep trying adaptors etc. to try and get the Interceptor to work. For me it's the 3 8-way POVs that are essential. Still haven't come across one of those since the Interceptor either. Mona/Logitech, please forward this to the developers. Thanks