Logi Nu
WhiteFangRMB

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro vs. "FreeSpace 2"

[ Edited ]
Hello folks.

I just bought a shiny new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro from Best Buy a few days ago, and connected it via USB, to play one of my all-time favorite space combat sims: FreeSpace 2. However, I noticed after playing for an hour or so that I would periodically lose control (i.e. the joystick would stop responding) for extended periods of time, sometimes up to a minute or longer. Either I would continue to turn without stopping, or I would find myself unable to turn or twist. Then, after a moment, control would resume.

I installed a new USB/game port card that originally came with my motherboard, connected it to the USB pins on my motherboard, and tried again. It worked superbly for nearly a day. Then, a few minutes ago, I began experiencing a dramatic increase in periods of time when my joystick would stop responding, sometimes for longer than two and a half minutes at a time.

In-game, I've been failing mission objectives and getting myself killed because I can suddenly either not turn or can not stop turning or flying in circles. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem? The joystick appears fine in the calibration window and in Profiler, but in FreeSpace 2 (and, as I found through experimentation, X-Wing Alliance), I am suddenly experiencing this problem more and more. Is it software-related? Is it perhaps something wrong with my USB ports, or (God forbid) my motherboard?

~ Badger ~

Message Edited by WhiteFangRMB on 11-18-200609:40 PM

Message Edited by WhiteFangRMB on 11-18-200609:40 PM

Logi Nu
WhiteFangRMB

Re: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro vs. "FreeSpace 2"

By the way, I just realized that I screwed up my e-mail address during registration. -_-"

If you have a response to this, and want to reply directly, feel free to e-mail me at WhiteFangRMB@gmail.com.