Logi Nu
Rabiah

Momo racing wheel and Grid

[ Edited ]
I just got this thing set up after about an hour of trying to figure out how to use the clamps and configuring.

So I start playing after changing the settings both in game and through the game pad configure thing to copy my friends settings and its as if I'm using a keyboard, I turn left and then there's a dead-zone then all of a sudden my car turns into the wall as if I yanked the wheel to the right/left same with the gas pedal and brake pedal.

I went to the game control's and it seems to work properly the gas, brake and steering act as it should but while in game it doesn't, How the heck do I get this thing to work right in the game?

Okay so I managed to get the gas and brake to work however the steering has a big dead-zone and i cant seem to fix that with any settings

Message Edited by Rabiah on 09-17-2008 12:21 PM
CharlesB

Re: Momo racing wheel and Grid

That's an expected response. I have not personally configured Grid, but I can tell you what you're seeing is expected. Basically you're assigning a digital output, on or off, to an analog input. So, when it hit it's input threshold, then it immediately goes to full lock left or right. To resolve this, you should go into grid and instead configure the game to use a HID wheel. It will work a lot better that way.
Logi Nu
pruky

hi charles

i just bought Momo Racing FFB and Grid for PC DVD. The accelerator pedal spikes maximum before start and gives no power from second gear and beyond. From then on it cant barely reach 3rd gear. I've scoured thru the threads in codemaster site but could not find a clear solution.

My specs are athlon 2.2, 2gb ram, ati radeon hd3650 1Gb, directx 9.0c, Logitech gaming software 5.02, Grid original version (want to check for your advice before installing patch v1.1)

pls help..thks!
Logi Nu
pruky

forgot to mention; I run on Windows XP 32bit, and I did the calibrations on logitech profiler settings with no issues, all seem to be working and reaching 100%. Combined axis unchecked.
Logi Nu
syn72

I have the same problem - have you found a fix yet?
Logi Nu
pruky

yes, I installed grid patch v1.1, run the clear calibration program from wingman, reinstalled logitech momo/game profiler, made sure combined axis were unchecked. I don't know which of the above steps solved it, but the problem disappeared.
CharlesB

Maybe this time after unchecking "combined pedals" you hit apply immediately? Sometimes I'll make a change in a configuration, but I'll forget to save it :smileywink:
Logi Nu
orang3juuc3

I seem to have the same problem, only Ive know what it was from the beginning.  The issue is that I cant find the settings in the Grid game to adjust for a joystick!  I can change sensitivity, (ive been doing this for days now), but this doesnt help my 90 degree turn left or right, its either completly on or off or doesnt work at all.  Is there something wrong with my install? Or maybe my logitech software?

CharlesB

Are you using a joystick to control GRID? Does GRID have native Joystick support, or are you assigning the joystick directions to keypresses and then assigning the key presses to the turn command in the game?