Logi Nu
Schwam

PS3 Vantage USB Headset not working...

hey i just bought a Vantage USB headset for my ps3. when i go to change the settings to that the mic will work, just like it says in the directions, it shows up, but when i select it, it doesnt pick up my voice. Had this happened to anybody else?
Logi Nu
GamerPierre

Re: PS3 Vantage USB Headset not working...

i bought this same headset and i'm having this EXACT same problem. i dunno whats up
Logi Nu
CrossHareManiac

I also just bought that headset today.  It shows the input and output settings as Logitech USB Headset but doesn't pick up my voice either.  I set it to mic volume 5 but still not even the slightest bar.    How can do you actually get in touch with logictech about that; have they offered advice in their "troubleshoot" section about the specific problem at all yet ?
Logi Nu
GamerPierre

[ Edited ]
I ended up taking mine back to the store (Gamestop) and getting a replacement. and the new one works fine. what i learned based on reading the forums and posts made by the moderaters here is that the Vantage model headset had problems with the USB module malfunctioning and you may seem to have that problem too. Good news is Logitech will replace it if you call them and explain also some stores will replace within a limited time span (seven days from time bought it at gamestop). also i noticed on the PS3 when i had the malfunctioning headset on the set audio device screen it said "USB Device" it sounded choppy when it was working and then it stop recognizing it all together the next day. When i got a new one, on the audio devices screen it said "Logitech USB Headset" and it worked  and the sound was great. Basically you can tell yours is defective if the PS3 audio device screen doesnt recognize it as "Logitech" but rather just generic "USB Headset" If thats the case get a replacement quickly.

Message Edited by GamerPierre on 08-26-2008 07:05 PM
Logi Nu
SweeetSD69

Hey I bought this headset recently too & started using it but for PS2 online.Anyway,I used it three times now since I had it,would wrap it up and put it away after each use.Then the 4th use comes last night,I enter a game & am talking but nobody is hearing me.I can hear them but they aren't hearing me.This happens out of nowhere.Is my mic already shot?If so,I'm upset.I never dropped it or anything.Out of nowhere.I even tested it on my PC first & again,only hear really good,just not speak in it or be heard on the mic part.I bought it at Circuit City but they have only this 7 day return/exchange rule on the reciept so I know I'm over the 7 days.What do I do?$30 after 3 uses of using this online & that $30 is now overwith.**bleep**.I contacted Logitech & explained Curcuit City only gives you 7 days so I asked if Logitech would replace it  instead as it does say 1 year warranty on my packaging.I want that original usb ps2 headset but EVERY online and offline store I check out,they are ALWAYS out of stock!Anyone know where online I can buy the original usb ps2 headset?Ty
Logi Nu
Grimalkin13

Hello~

Just bought this headset today and am having some static problems with it.  The mic works fine and I can hear myself and am assuming that other players can hear me but I am not able to hear the other players due to static.  I am not sure what may be causing this.  Is this an issue that this headset has or should emissions be shielded for the headset to be static free?  Also, does it work for ALL PS3 games or only the ones listed on the box the headset came in? 

Thank-you very much for any help you are able to give me with these issues.

Logi Nu
HardnoseTf

Welcome to the family :-} Yeah it seems to be an issue lately, that the Vantage has been having some "issues". I just had mine loose audio output in the middle of a Clan Battle :robotmad:Now my team could hear me, but I couldn't hear them. A quick switch to my device settings and my System Default was sounding like C3PO gurggling salt water. It worked, but I'm pissed that I bought this headset because it said Logitech on it and thought that it would hold up for more than 2 months of 40 hour a week playing. Hope they send me a new one, cause no one likes to loose alot of customers at once. :smileywink: