Logi Nu
chernler

Wingman Joystick to USB Port

My new computer doesn't have the correct port for my Wingman joystick. Can I get an adapter to use it in a USB port? If so will it work correctly and where can I get one?? Any info is appreciated.
Logi Nu
JohnBStill

Re: Wingman Joystick to USB Port

chernler wrote:
My new computer doesn't have the correct port for my Wingman joystick. Can I get an adapter to use it in a USB port? If so will it work correctly and where can I get one?? Any info is appreciated.

chernler,
can you share some more details about your joystick?
What model is it?
I have Logitech joysticks with 9 pin female connectors and 15 pin male connectors.
Without knowing more about the exact connector you have on the stick, such as number of pins, I will guess and give you a possible solution.
If you have a 15 pin male connector on the joystick, Radio Shack used to sell a USB game port adapter. It will only work with the 15 pin connector.
The Cat No.is 26-164 and another number on this device is 06A01.
If it is the 9 pin female, I can't help you.
I hope this helps, good luck.
Logi Nu
chernler

Thanks JohnBStill it is a Logitech Wingman interceptor with a 15 prong plug. I'll try radio shack for the adapter. I hope it works as well with the USB port.
Logi Nu
JohnBStill

I bought it more than 2 years ago.
Prior to that time I searched every cable supplier and it just did not exist. A lot of gender bender options have been available for many years, but not one that was for joysticks.
If Radio Shack does not have it, I know there are others.
I have 6 USB ports and it has worked in all of them.
My current set up is a DFI MB and XP Pro.
A great feature of this adaptor is a slide switch with 4 different settings.
Game Pad, Joystick A, Joystick B, and Wheel.
I have 11 different joysticks and game pads a couple of wheels and only 4 have USB native.
If you don't like it return it.
Good luck!
Logi Visitor
Grendel

chernler wrote:
Thanks JohnBStill it is a Logitech Wingman interceptor with a 15 prong plug. I'll try radio shack for the adapter. I hope it works as well with the USB port.

The Interceptor will not work w/ a general Gameport to USB adapter that doesn't know about LTs ADI protocol. AFAIK only a few adapters that came w/ early WingMan sticks do that, unfortunatly they work only on the sticks they came w/. Your option is to try an old Soundcard w/ gameport (like the SB16 PCI) or build your own adapter (not easy -- I did that for M$s Digital OverDrive protocol, took me 2 months..)