Logi Browser
brucexx

9000 Pro problem with Skype and Windows   Camera: Logite...

9000 Pro problem with Skype and Windows

Camera:

Logitech 9000 Pro for desktop computers – Tag 861464, QuickCam v11.1, with the best driver installed, the device is properly recognized in Device manager as Imagine device and Sound Device, USB controller also sees it as Logitech Camera (Pro 9000). I tested the QuickCam soft and it works perfectly.

System:

Windows Vista Business 64Bit, 3.2 GHz Pentium D, 4 GB of RAM, NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI, system fully updated including BIOS and NVIDIA chipset. The other computer that I use is a Sony Vaio with intel’s chipset and 1.6 GHz Centrino, with build in camera (this one never crashes)

Network:

I am testing it in my LAN environment having 100Mb/s connection between two computers using Linksys router. I do not suspect any issues there but I am open to any suggestions. If required I can connect PCs directly using crossover cable.

Symptoms:

It works 5% of the time both ways video and audio. 95% of times I am able to set up video one way and audio both ways but I have to repeat the process of unplugging and plugging back the camera and restarting OS multiple times because usually it freezes after 10 to 15 sec and to make it work again (the camera/video) I need to restart the OS. Here is what I am getting:

1. First, I am Starting Skype audio on both PCs and it works great. Than I am turning video on one side (Logitech side), usually it works for 15 sec and stops. After that the camera is no longer present in the operating system even when I am trying to find new hardware through device manager. I need to restart the OS, unplug the camera and plug it back into the USB port and I can start trying again.  

2. On the rare occasions when it does not freeze I can see very good quality video on the other side but when I enable video there (Sony Vaio side) it freezes completely on the Logitech side giving me these errors:  

Faulting application Skype.exe, version 3.5.0.234, time stamp 0x2a425e19, faulting module Skype.exe, version 3.5.0.234, time stamp 0x2a425e19, exception code 0xc000000d, fault offset 0x005a7bc3, process id 0x6e4, application start time 0x01c7f8904904a0c4.

and

Faulting application Skype.exe, version 3.5.0.234, time stamp 0x2a425e19, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdf8, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00062aad, process id 0x1398, application start time 0x01c7f86586eac8aa.

Than it gives me this error:  

The program Quickcam.exe version 11.1.0.2030 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel. Process ID: c9c Start Time: 01c7f8656d10bdea Termination Time: 60000       

After that I shutdown the system and this is what happened:  after 15 minutes of no activity and no response (monitor went black) the PC restarted instead of shutting down and gave me this error.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        BlueScreen

OS Version:                                          6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode:                                               9f

BCP1:                                                    0000000000000003

BCP2:                                                    FFFFFA80081E3A50

BCP3:                                                    FFFFFA8008673360

BCP4:                                                    FFFFFA80099EE3D0

OS Version:                                          6_0_6000

Service Pack:                                       0_0

Product:                                               256_1

The camera was still not visible to the system and to the QuickCam application, (once unplugged and plugged into USB port everything goes back to normal), I am able to replicate this error almost every time. Moreover the Sony Vaio side has never frozen even when the video stops working on my Logitech side and when the Logitech side crashes completely.

Anybody’s help and suggestions will be appreciated
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,261
Solutions: 503

Re: 9000 Pro problem with Skype and Windows   Camera: Logite...

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum brucexx! :smileyhappy:

I'm hoping that you will read my personal welcome thread as we progress. Thank you.

This is a Skype issue.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
brucexx

[ Edited ]

This is not a Skype issue, not only a Skype issue if you know what I mean, I have seen your personal welcome thread and few other, and I completely do not agree with you. Moreover, what is this: ALL Instant Messenger (IM) issues are either "IM" or "networking" issues...they are not Logitech problems...end of story.” Who wrote this? (rhetorical question), what is the purpose of this?, and why moderators do not delete it from this section of the forum as it is obviously an offence to anybody’s intelligence and makes Logitech look bad, very bad.  Taking into consideration the complexity of operating systems and all the software these days because even if it looks like it is somebody else’s problem it still can be Logitech problem and the way they write their proprietary software – why my Vaio does not break – because it does not use Logitech camera…. Moreover, you wrote: The only fully supported video conferencing software is Logitech's own Video Call service – I am deeply surprised. Too bad that they are not putting it on the box of the camera right above of the SKYPE logo (which by the way they put there) with “ALL Instant Messenger (IM) issues….” next to it. They should because people that are buying WebCams assume that they work  with any software especially listed on the BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, this is not an answer to my question I asked for help and for suggestions and informing me of this being a Skype issue in neither of them – I am not an idiot and I know that it is worth to look for help from both Skype as well as Logitech support which I did BTW. If this is a Skype issue just like you wrote why QuickCam.exe completely crashes my operating system - because of Skype using the camera – it does not look to me like only Skype problem. Otherwise do you want to tell me that Logitech writes its software in a way that allows other applications to use it, corrupt it somehow and then crash the OS – I do not think that this is the way today’s software is written. I might have been not exactly précise in the description, when I look at it now. When Skype crashes with Logitech camera working, I can restart the Skype and it works properly, and OS works properly too until I would try to use the video in Skype again or I use QuickCam software and then it gives me QuickCam.exe error (listed above) and crashes OS in the way described above.

Any OTHER help or suggestions will be appreciated

Message Edited by Pegasus on 09-16-2007 06:02 PM
KachiWachi

This is not only my position, but Logitech's as well.

If the camera works properly in QuickCam, then the problem is not Logitech related.

Please contact Skype for further assistance with their program.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
brucexx

Re: 9000 Pro problem with Skype and Windows Camera: Logite...

[ Edited ]

BTW THIS IS LOGITECH PROBLEM – because on the box there is no information about using Logitech proprietary software otherwise I would not buy this thing …end of the story.

Message Edited by Pegasus on 09-17-2007 01:18 PM
KachiWachi

Please search the forum for more information concerning Skype (Keywords - Skype, jawatson, bimbobo).

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Browser
brucexx

I see that you are stubborn, good, me too, I had read these posts before I posted my first one, but did not find them useful pointing to the software producer, which you know what I think of… or acceptable from my point of view i.e. disabling USB 2.0. As I wrote before one of my computers has been working with Skype for a long time with other camera, the other one that is working with Logitech camera isn’t that lucky. Despite the fact that it is Skype process that initially crashes starting avalanche of unfortunate events I still think that underlying problem is Logitech camera driver or software or its non full compatibility with Skype. Something is not working properly and it is in Logitech and Skype interest to fix it.
KachiWachi

OK.

Thank you for your comments.

* Thanks.

Logi Browser
brucexx

I have another comment:

I suggest this as new Logitech marketing slogan:

“If the camera works properly in QuickCam, then the problem is not Logitech related.”

The sales of all Logitech webcams would go way UP

--still angry

KachiWachi

Here is an "Official Logitech Response" to your question (if you have not seen it already).

Thanks.

* Thanks.