01-07-2011 08:57 AM
I am using a Logitech C905 with Tandberg's Movi service. C905 SW v 2.10, Build 13.10.1224. There are two issues, not fatal but aggravating:
1. The camera is auto-zooming. Not a lot, from widest setting zoomed in one level. This is distracting for HD video business calls. Once I get the framing correct, I want it to stay.
2. The aspect ratio switches back and forth from ~16:9 to 4:3. It seems to favor 4:3. It's not a constant flopping back and forth, but it is preferred to have the aspect ratio stay on wide screen.
I think at least the first problem is the Logitech camera doing something, even if the Logitech SW is not loaded. The second problem could be the Movi software making an adjustment due to low lighting or network congestion (because I don't see any adjustment in the Logitech SW for aspect ratio). I'm running a >5 Mbps upload and download, so that should be plenty of bandwidth.
To help isolate the problem, is there a way to absolutely turn off the Logitech SW during a Movi call? Even with the SW off, if the camera itself doing auto-zoom or other adjustment?
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-07-2011 01:00 PM
Preventing your Logitech webcam software from launching when your computer starts (FAQ #14187)
Darrel Stickler asks -
To help isolate the problem, is there a way to absolutely turn off the Logitech SW during a Movi call?
KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<
In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.
* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.
New to Webcams? START HERE!
Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 184.108.40.2068 / 220.127.116.110 / 18.104.22.1689 / 22.214.171.1245 / 126.96.36.1993 - Issues and Solutions
Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues? "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS