Logi Nu
ethiopiadad

Camera won't work on Facebook...

I got a Logictec Webcam Pro 9000 for Christmas, but it won't work with Facebook.  It says "Please turn your camera on or make sure it's not in use by another application."

Of course, there is no power button on the camera that I can tell, so I can't seem to turn it on.  I closed down the Logictech Vid program, but it still won't work.

Before, with my old webcam, all I had to do was click "record a video" on Facebook and my camera came on and worked fine.

And seriously, please don't post the link to the Facebook page.  It's not Facebook...it's this stupid camera.

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,263
Solutions: 505

Re: Camera won't work on Facebook...

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum ethiopiadad! :smileyhappy:

Does the Adobe Flash Player properly recognize your camera and microphone?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
ethiopiadad

It won't even get that far.  A spinning wheel turns while it seems to be looking, and then it says "Turn your Camera on or make sure it's not in use by another program"

I can record a video using the program that came with it...but it's like it's not even hooked up when I try in Facebook.

KachiWachi

Does this issue occur when the camera is being used on other Flash-based websites, such as:

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
ethiopiadad

Yeah...strangely enough it works on both those sites...

KachiWachi

Please contact Facebook Support directly for further assistance with this issue.

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Nu
tfasdfsf

I figured this out myself and made this account to try and help everyone. What i found out was that on the setting for the webcam it CAN NOT be set to auto record! You can have the facial recognition on BUT your face CAN NOT be detected while you are trying to connect, this means that you must be out of the fram (you can also just go ahead and disable this if you are feeling lazy! .(This is specifically for facebook) The software will work when on facebook but like i said it CAN NOT detect your face while connecting. Lastly, when you change these settings make sure you close out of the application (logitech webcame software) and you should be set. I was having the exact same problem so im sure it will work for you.

If logitch did not make such great devices this post would not be here. 

KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum tfasdfsf! :smileyhappy:

tfasdfsf sez -

What i found out was that on the setting for the webcam it CAN NOT be set to auto record!

OK.

Thank you for posting your comments and suggestion to this very old thread.

* Thanks.