Logi Nu
Alexis9025

HELP! My C200 Logitech Webcam keeps disconnecting

So i have been having problems with my C200 Logitech Webcam since i bought it but since yesterday it has gone real bad. At the beginning the my voice sometimes started to sound funny and i had to disconnect it and connect it back again for it to work properly. But now randomly in the middle of my video call it would disconnect and say: " This device can run faster" all in a window and if you click on it it will show you the different usb ports. And sometimes for me to get it back to work i would have to disconnect the usb a few times and recall again for it to work, but if i touch the cable sometimes or move the camera too much it disconnects. I check with other usb things like a usb, external HDD, ipod and everything works normally which leads me to bealive is the webcam. But i wonder if it has to do with having to update the usb ports and problem of the webcam with skype... ? I hope anyone can help me fix this since its very annoying thank you!

Thins i have tried are re-installing the webcam drivers, installing skype again, restarting the computer, disconnecting the usb cable of the webcam and try it on different ports but still when it disconnects i get the same message.
*Though i did notice that when my cam "seem to got disconnected" from skype what i did is went to tools in skype then to video and the webcam automatically got "connected" again, tough there was no sound of like when you usually connect a usb device, tried it twice and it worked.*

BTW I have Windows Vista 32-bit version ( All updated), latest Logitech driver update.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Re: HELP! My C200 Logitech Webcam keeps disconnecting

Hello Alexis9025,

This seems to be a Skype issue, but I also saw reports of this happening on Hp laptops.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Video-on-Windows/Video-continues-to-try-to-load-Unsuccessfully/td-p/58...

I suggest disabling  and re-enabling  the USB controller. Please use Method 3 on the following link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817900

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Alexis9025

Did what you suggested but it still giving me trouble. If i just do as move a litte bit the cable it gets disconnected, i update everything possible from manufactrers and from Sony Vaio (it's a laptop) but no luck so far. This is so annoying have tried everything i know but nothing. A quick question though i found some program that "supposedly" scans your computer for driver updates i ran it and it founds tons of updates for the usb hubs that i never found along with other things for my laptop. Now my question would be are those usb driver updates real and could be the problem? Because no matter where i look i could find any usb updates or anything like that.... 

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello Alexis9025,

My personal opinion and practices are only to install drivers and updates from the manufacturer's website or direct from the operating systems website. Does this happen when using your camera with any other applications? If the cause of the issue is the web camera or the drivers, it would behave the same in any application. If you have the Logitech Webcam Software installed, you could  test it using Quick Capture. It seems to be Skype only so far. If possible, please test the C200 on a different computer, this will determine if the issue actually a hardware failure. The following link contains USB fixes from Microsoft:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-USB-devices

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.