Logi Browser
noisheen

Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 + Windows 7 64 Bit, cam freezes

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Two and a half years ago, I bought a Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000. The cam worked nice on my Windows Vista 32 Bit, absolutely no problems. But on my new Windows 64 Bit, when I start a cam session, the cam freezes after a time (I already tried Windows Live Messenger and Skype). The cam still works perfectly on my old Windows Vista. On both Computers, I updated the Cam software.

I hope you can help me. Thanks

edit:

I forgot to say, that when the cam is frozen and I close the Windows Live Messenger Window, the messenger is frozen, and when I try to enable it again, it doesn't work. Then, when I try to restart my PC, it can't shut down, and I have to push the PC button, to shut it down.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
kpeppard

Re: Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 + Windows 7 64 Bit, cam freezes

Hello noisheen:

Thank you for posting your query to the Logitech community Forums.

For testing purposes have you tried unplugging the webcam, uninstalling the Logitech webcam software and then plugging in the camera again? The camera will still work but with the native drivers that came with the computer called UVC drivers.

Please contact us with the results.

Regards  

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.
Logi Browser
noisheen

Thanks for the answer.

I did everything you said, but my cam still freezes :smileysad:

I uninstalled everything fron logitech and I threw the folders on my PC away, but in the control panel, the icon of the program "Logitech Webcam Software" is after being uninstalled still there. When I try to uninstall the program again, the window just shows up and it disappears after a second, I did a picture, I hope it helps. But it is in German, if you need an traduction, just say it :smileyhappy: logitech.png

kpeppard

Hello noisheen:

Thank you for the image and thank you for posting again to the Logitech Community Forums.

Where you uninstalled everything that says Logitech I am going to ask you to install the software again. Once te software is installed I am going to ask you to install Revouninstaller by clicking here and then uninstall all Logitech. This program will not only uninstall Logitech but will uninstall anything in the registry that pertains to Logitech.

Once uninstalling through Revouninstaller is complete try installing again.

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.
Logi Browser
noisheen

Thank you for the tipp, but after having done everything you said, it still doesnt work :smileysad:

I installed it again, than I removed it with revouninstaller, and then I installed it, and now it still doesnt work

kpeppard

Hello noisheen;

Can you give me the P/N number on the black tag on the cord?

Regards

Logi Browser
noisheen

P/N : 861464-0000

if you need anything else, just say it, thanks :smileyhappy:

kpeppard

Hello noisheen:

Thank you for your post again.

Very quickly I'm going to ask you to go to www.speedtest.net and run a speedtest. On this page click on BEGIN TEST. The only two figures I need is the upload and download speed.

Looking forward to see what the results are.

Again, thank you for your patience!

Regard

Logi Browser
noisheen

Hello, no I must thank you for your help :smileyhappy:

IMG_0061.JPG

Hope the result can help you!

kpeppard

[ Edited ]

hello noisheen:

Thank you for the speedtest. Our webcam is fine. Your issue is your upload speed. Your upload speed should be, at the minimum, 1Mbps. In a situation like this you would have to contact your ISP (the company where you have your internet through, and advise them of the result of your Upload/Download test. The ISP is the only ones that can manipulate these figures.

Hope this helps!

Regards