Logi Nu
sequelarick

Need to reverse mirror image (MacOS)

[ Edited ]
I have a similar problem. I am using the QuickCam Vision Pro on a MacBook Pro running OS 10.5.4. Specifically, I am using the camera with iChat. The image and sound quality are fantastic, however, I am getting a mirror image as an output. I do not see an option in the preferences of iChat or elsewhere to correct the inversion. Is this correctable or am I stuck with backward text.

Message Edited by Pegasus on 08-18-2008 11:59 PM
Logi Nu
sequelarick

Re: Need to reverse mirror image

Excuse me I just answered my own question. The problem is with iChat NOT the Logitech camera. When I closed out iChat and opened Yahoo Instant Messenger the image was not mirrored and my Logitech camera worked perfectly on my Mac.
Logi Apprentice
seriesrover2

Well having a mirror image is the typical "default" behavior on IMs (IIRC). This is because gesturing is easier this way. However, as you discovered, this doesn't work if you want the camera to pick up any textural references which is a less common thing to do.

My point: its not a problem with IMs per sae, just a usage pattern.
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,293
Solutions: 505

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum sequelarick! :smileyhappy:

Thank you for posting to the forum.

@seriesrover2 -

Can you confirm that the image displayed in iChat is reversed from the image that is displayed in Yahoo! Messenger?

I know that the image displayed in Yahoo! Messenger matches the image that is displayed in QuickCam (third-party view).

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Apprentice
seriesrover2

It is mirrored in iChat when I do Video Preview (pretty sure I didn't mucked around with the default settings). Don't know about in a Video chat session though - pressumeably the same.
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,293
Solutions: 505

OK.

I wonder why Apple chose to "reverse" the image?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS