Logi Browser
palto

Quickcam Pro 9000 view from internet

I have a Quickcam Pro 9000 on my home computer that runs 24/7. I would like to use it as a surveillance camera to view from the internet. Is it possible to connect  to and start/stop viewing from any internet browser? I do not have a static IP at home. If not, could I install the VID software on my work machine to access the home machine without someone home to accept an incoming call? Thanks.

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,261
Solutions: 503

Re: Quickcam Pro 9000 view from internet

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum palto! :smileyhappy:

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=general_webcams&thread.id=8427

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
palto

Thanks so much, I will give this a try.

KachiWachi

NP.

Please report back in with your progress and updated status when you can.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
palto

Well I've hit a stumbling block. WME9 has been replaced with Expression Encoder 4. The interface is different but the setup seems similar to your tutorial. I managed to get to step H before getting stuck. In EE4 I do not see the input fields for the URL's. It is suggesting port 8080 but I'm not sure where to go from there. It seems I need to find the field for URL for the internet connection.

I plan to view this webcam from the internet which brings me to another potential issue in that my ISP is providing a dynamic IP for me not a static IP. Will this still work?

Thanks for your continued help.

KachiWachi

palto sez -

Well I've hit a stumbling block. WME9 has been replaced with Expression Encoder 4.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/1/f/81f9402f-efdd-439d-b2a4-089563199d47/WMEncoder.exe

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Browser
palto

Thanks for the link to WME9.

The install and config went smooth. When I test the mms stream from the same machine it works great but testing from an offsite machine doesn't work. I get a server down error in media player on the offsite machine. I'm sure it has to do with my router, I could not get it to accept the port forward. It says the port is not valid.

Of the two URLs in WME I want to add the internet one to my router, along with the port WME found, correct?

When conencting from an offsite machine I need to use the current dynamic IP address found at whatsmyip, is that also correct?

Thanks

KachiWachi

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/2007/03/07/setting-up-your-own-live-video-feed/

Thanks.

(Ref: The following applies only to those using a router)

* Thanks.

Logi Browser
palto

Got it working. Had to speak with tech support for my router to configure the router but once we got that sorted out it worked like a charm. Thanks so much for your help KW.

KachiWachi

NP.

Thank you for reporting back in with your progress and updated status.

* Thanks.