Logi Nu
tired of doing

need step by step instructions for using web cam with Skype

I ought to send both you and Skype a large bill for my time today in trying to make sure that I can make a simple video call.

Do I log into the web cam first? Skype? I need a clean list of what buttons to push in what sequence to make a simple call, I have spent hours pouring through materials from both companies who seem to not want us to know the other company exists. This is unnecessary, plesae provide us with the simple list.

Logi Nu
tired of doing

Re: need step by step instructions for using web cam with Skype

Update. I now have the step by step instructions at least from Skype.

On a print screen that I made for them but that I cannot upload for you to see here because we are not given the ability to do so, there is a green ‘video call’ button that is supposed to be to the right of the ‘call phone’ button that  is not visible on my screen.

How do I make a video call? My logitech web cam C510 does show, is working, and is selected at tools > options > video settings.

KachiWachi
Topics: 246
Kudos: 1,191
Solutions: 485

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum tired of doing! :smileyhappy:

Using Skype with your C510 (FAQ #17646)

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
green button

Thx much Kachi-

Turns out when logitech customer support calls me over Skype, the Green Video Call button now appears as an available option but only when I click on that contact. I only have a few other contacts and when I go to click on them, the Green Video Call Button is not available.

The other parties I do beleive do not have Skype. However, even in the instructions you sent me to, it seems that button should be available on every contact. Customer service at Logitech said too, it ought to appear for every contact.

One other complication is that I went ahead and downloaded Skype Beta 5.0. The instructions you sent me were for 4.0 and previous.

I guess I will have to decide whether to wait for everyone else to catch up to my version or to take 5.0 off and revert back to 4.0.

THX much.

KachiWachi
Topics: 246
Kudos: 1,191
Solutions: 485

NP.

Thank you for reporting back in with your progress and updated status.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS