Logi Browser
MutilatedToast

What Webcam Is "The Best" ?

I am trying to find a new webcam that will be of great picture quality and good fast streaming when online Video chatting to friends and family, price is of no real concern I'd save up if I have to, I just want something that's better then some crappy cheap thing that won't show your face clearly. I am tired of my family and friends telling me how my webcam is so grainy, fuzzy or not clear. I just want something that's really good...

Maybe with Wide View, High Mega-Pixels, In Built Mic, Stays Very focused and clear.

Is there anything out there That's this good? I mean what is the Best Logitech Webcam built out there I can get?
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,263
Solutions: 505

Re: What Webcam Is "The Best" ?

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum Mutilated Toast! :smileyhappy:

I'm hoping that you will read my personal welcome thread as we progress. Thank you.

There have been a few discussions about this recently.

If your primary concern is Video IM (and only Video IM), you DO NOT WANT the best camera out there...because the current IM programs DO NOT SUPPORT the "high quality" image that these cameras can provide.

IMO, all you really need is a camera that supports a VGA image...and contains no "software" other than a driver compliment.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
MutilatedToast

The One I currently have was "SUPPOSE" to be a good cam for that but the picture quality is just IMO way tooo grainy when taking pictures to put online and Video streaming... So I am basically after buying to different cameras saying "forget this" and wanting to buy "The Best"...
Logi Browser
MutilatedToast

If This helps you this is what my system is when trying to help me with one for my system requirements. ------------------ System Information ------------------

Time of this report: 10/8/2007, 02:10:46

Machine name: SHERI

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: NVIDIA,/br>

System Model: AWRDACPI

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Page File: 629MB used, 4364MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Logi Browser
MutilatedToast

I was looking at the Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 But a few things confuse me... A few of the things it says it can do has *--stars beside of of the things, what does this mean? Will I have to buy some other software or something to make it get up the the full amount of 8MP?...

Or maybe the LOGITECH QUICKCAM ULTRA VISION WEBCAM? What's the difference between the two?

Sorry I sound so confused, I just wants something that's excellent :-(

KachiWachi

Even though the QCP 9000 would provide the *best* image quality, your CPU is marginal for the current version of QuickCam.

CPU requirements for QuickCam 10.5.x/11.x
  • Pentium® 4, 1.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ processor, 1 GHz Minimum (XP)
  • Pentium® 4, 2.4 GHz Recommended (XP), Minimum (Vista)
  • Pentium® 4, 2.8 GHz Recommended (Vista)

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
MutilatedToast

"marginal".. I See

What happens if I did it with it running a fine line to just being there for minimum requirements? I do have th minimum requirements even still.

KachiWachi

Which IM do you intend to use?

* Thanks.

Logi Browser
MutilatedToast

I use both Windows LIVE Messenger (the new MSN) and Yahoo Instant Messenger when Video Streaming.

But I also like Taking Pictures as well for family back home and the pictures I don't want to come out all Grainy/blurry.

KachiWachi

If you intend to take still images/create video on your PC, it *may* seem sluggish when using the QuickCam application.

There are some individuals on this forum that do have this camera installed in a "minimum" configuration for IM use only.

The eventual outcome will depend on how "heavily" your system is already being taxed before the addition of the QuickCam software package.

Have you seen the QCP 9000 in operation yet?

* Thanks.