11-02-2008 09:59 PM
When I plug my quickcam Pro 5000 into my laptop, it immediately, without any error or warning, powers down my computer. I downloaded the updated driver, but it didn't fix the problem. I don't really need the software it installed on my computer either. It is a plug and play, and I like it that way since I don't use it too often. If I leave it plugged in and let my computer boot back up, it will work when I have the software installed, but without the software it won't.
I shouldn't have to shut my laptop down just to plug in my camera, when its a usb device. Please HELP!
11-03-2008 03:22 AM
1) What is the 8xxxxx (or 860-xxxxxx) series number from the camera tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably...the USB\VID ID?
2) Which version of the Logitech supplied QuickCam software application/drivers is installed (FAQ #5105)?
3) What Operating System (OS) is installed?
KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<
In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.
* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.
New to Webcams? START HERE!
Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 22.214.171.1248 / 126.96.36.1990 / 188.8.131.529 / 184.108.40.2065 / 220.127.116.113 - Issues and Solutions
Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues? "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS