Logi Browser
hmpitags2006

Another program is using my camera

I set everything up correctly and It says that my camera is in use by another program. I do not have anything running that would use a camera. Could somebody help me with this.

Thanks,
-G
Logi Browser
hmpitags2006

Re: Another program is using my camera

Oh yeah it is a quick cam for notebooks
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,293
Solutions: 505

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum hmpitags2006! :smileyhappy:

Please see this thread.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
hmpitags2006

[ Edited ]
#-166 Device install function: DIF_INSTALLDEVICE.
#I123 Doing full install of "USB\VID_046D&PID_08AE&MI_01\6&A2479FD&5&0001".
#I121 Device install of "USB\VID_046D&PID_08AE&MI_01\6&A2479FD&5&0001" finished successfully.

I don't know my motherboard manufacturer/model # if you told me how to figure that out I will.

I downloaded QuickCam 10.x

If you need anything else just ask me.

Thanks,
-G

Ok just kidding I got it working now :]

Message Edited by hmpitags2006 on 10-16-200603:38 AM

KachiWachi

Great...care to share?

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
hmpitags2006

I have no Idea how I did it :/ otherwise I would
KachiWachi

OK...glad you got it working...however you did it! :smileyhappy:

* Thanks.

Logi Nu
DavidSTX

Folks -

This seems to be a pervasive problem, and it happened to me too when I bought a new QuickCam Pro.

It was fixed with ' regsvr32 quartz.dll ' - just open a DOS window and type that in!

Remember - this was for me, and yours might be another problem. This error message was totally bogus, as are most Windows error messages. The real problem was an unregistered class in the Windows framework (read on...)

Problem no. 1 was getting any kind of diagnostics either from Windows or from the Logitech software. They just give you the "user-friendly" message and stop. I had my first break when I tried the SplitCam software ( http://www.splitcamera.com/ ) - which I heartily recommend anyway. It actually gives the correct error message: 0x80040154 (i.e. class not registered) in CreateFilterGraph. A bit of googling shows FilterGraph and its methods are in quartz.dll. Re-registering this dll (which is on everyone's computer) did the trick.

I can only imagine that one of the gazillion automatic Windows Updates just put a new quartz.dll onto my computer without registering it properly. Anyway, worth trying for your case, too!
KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum DavidSTX! :smileyhappy:

Quartz.dll is a component of DirectX.

The last Windows Update to change this was MS05-050 (KB904706) - Vulnerability in DirectShow could allow remote code execution.

Logitech uses DirectShow to acquire the camera video stream.

Logitech recommends installing the latest version (DirectX 9.0c) prior to installing QuickCam. After doing so, you would need to run Windows Update to get this updated file.

Thanks for your investigation, troubleshooting, and tip! :smileyhappy:

* Thanks.

Logi Browser
hmpitags2006

Oh yeah that's what I did :smileytongue: