Logi Nu
spikethespiker

C270 Brand new, mic not working properly?

Hello, I recently bought a C270 Webcam.

Ever since I bought it, every now and then the microphone will make me sound like a cat crying.

The only way to make the webcams mic work properly is to disable and enable it from Sound in Windows 7.

Although I can get it working again it is really frustrating that I have to do this and I won't know when the mic stops working till someone on the other side tells me it isn't working.

I have used the logitech webcam software to update the driver software, it says I have the latest version available.

Device manager says

=== Start of device information =======================
Device name:           Logitech HD Webcam C270
USB Vendor ID (VID):   0x046D
USB Product ID (PID):  0x0825
USB Revision (BCD):    0x0010
Firmware Version:      6.0.1133
Firmware CRC:          0xD4CA
EEPROM Version:        2.22
Sensor Type:           2.9
Driver Version:        13.31.1044.0
=== End of device information =========================

I can no longer return it to play.com as 30 days have already passed (The return period)

Is this a known issue, is there some way to resolve it?

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,279
Solutions: 505

Re: C270 Brand new, mic not working properly?

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum spikethespiker! :smileyhappy:

spikethespiker sez -

Ever since I bought it, every now and then the microphone will make me sound like a cat crying.

Does this issue occur when you are using the camera in the Logitech Webcam Software application (i.e., to create still images and/or videos), in the Logitech® Vid™ video call application (if you have this installed), or only in a third-party Instant Messenger program?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
spikethespiker

Right ok, long time no post.

The issue happened again today but when I went to try and record what I sound like my mircophone wasnt picking up any sound at all.

It's really werid it happens in skype and other voip programs but after I attempted to record what I sound like it (which didn't record anything) it starting working again in the voip programs.

I haven't used any of the logitech programs so I don't know if it happens with them.

I don't know what to do about this as I use voip programs in day to day working envrioments and it really is annoying.

Is it possible to send it back to logitech?

I have 2 other housemates that use exactly the same webcam and they never seem to have this problem.

KachiWachi

spikethespiker sez -

I have 2 other housemates that use exactly the same webcam and they never seem to have this problem.

Have you tried swapping cameras with one (or both) of your housemates to see if this issue follows the hardware?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
spikethespiker

I haven't tried swaping them around yet I will do tomorrow and ask them if the issue happens to them.

It happened again today when I was talking to my girlfriend on skype, she recorded it on her end using her iPhone and I used Audacity to record it on my end.

Audacity Recording

Girl Friends Recording

After recording it in audacity I realised it sounded like my voice was sped up. I slowed it down by 0.65 in audacity and you could hear what I was saying. I really really don't understand what could cause this :smileyindifferent

Thank you for attempting to help

I'll be waiting for a reply.

KachiWachi

spikethespiker sez -

I haven't tried swaping them around yet I will do tomorrow and ask them if the issue happens to them.

OK.

Please report back in with your progress and updated status when you can.

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Nu
spikethespiker

Right well, I've tested my own webcam and my friends webcams which are exactly the same. I don't know how to reproduce the problem at all and it seem to be an issue with my webcam alone.

What can I do about it Is it possible to ask for a replacement this long after I bought it?

KachiWachi

spikethespiker asks -

Is it possible to ask for a replacement this long after I bought it?

Please contact Logitech Support directly for assistance with this issue.

Thanks.

* Thanks.